- 52 min ago Hina Khan Looks Insanely Beautiful In Her Ivory Leaf-Patterns Sari
- 2 hrs ago Grammys 2020: Priyanka Chopra Jonas Impresses In A Satin Gown But Disappoints In A Sequin Kimono
- 5 hrs ago 9 Interesting Health Benefits Of Pecans
- 6 hrs ago 12 Home Remedies For COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
- Sports Martin Guptill swears at Yuzvendra Chahal in Hindi on live TV
- Finance Centre To Increase Deposit Insurance To Rs. 5 Lakh, Pay More On Bank Failure
- Movies Hrithik Roshan's Mother Pinkie Roshan Shakes A Leg To 'Ghungroo' Song At Sunaina's Birthday Bash
- News Explained: Who is this gynecologist from Ladakh who was awarded the Padma Bhushan
- Automobiles Tata Altroz Imaginator Launched: Five Options To Customize Your Altroz At The Factory
- Technology Poco X2 Possibly With Snapdragon 730g To Be Unveiled On February 4
- Travel 10 Most Popular Historical Places And Sites In Karnataka
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Household cockroaches are the biggest enemy when it comes to domestic pest control. These tiny insects have been in existence from 320 million years ago and have evolved over time in such a way that they rule the house more than its owners do.
The present species of domestic cockroaches have their roots back in tropical Africa and they are suspected to be shipped to our shores decades back. Some of the common species of domestic cockroaches are - Water bug, Palmetto bug and the Bombay canary. These cockroaches are the potential carriers of bacteria to the food that is being consumed in home and it can lead to serious food poisoning. Some methods to get rid of these cockroaches forever are provided below. Take a look.
The house should be kept clean from dust and excess dirt. The cleanliness of the house is the most important factor to keep in mind to get rid of the roaches. Leaving food in the open and putting unclean dishes on the table for a long period of time can make the cockroaches attack, so it is recommended to avoid such practices. Once they are starved for food, they will eventually shift out of the house.
Baits And Traps
The cockroaches step in the traps and stay captive until they die or are thrown out of the house. Using baits is referred to as one of the most successful roach eviction processes, as the cockroaches first eat the poison from the baits and then they infect the others, leading to the complete eviction of their clan from the house. Gels for setting up the bait are also found in plenty in the market and assure its complete eviction.
Cockroaches cannot survive without water for more than 7 days, hence reducing the amount of dampness in the home and fixing the water leaks that are prevalent will lead to their death. The house should be well ventilated, as sunlight into the house will allow for any form of water to evaporate into the air, leaving the house dry and hence bereft of anything for them to feed on.
Use Strong Fragrances
The floor should be moped regularly with strong fragrant liquid such as citronella oil or any medicated phenyl. The strong perfume will evict any cockroach that arrives looking for food. While cleaning the floor is necessary, it is to be noted that excess of water should not be used, as the roaches will feed on water.
Use of boric acid powder on the areas that are prone to cockroaches will lead to reduction in the incidence of cockroach movements in the area. Boric acid can be applied on an area or even sprayed in the entire house, as it is very easy to apply and it stays on for a long period of time if it does not come into contact with water.
Using bay leaves to evict cockroaches forever is an effective homemade method that is safe and contains no poison that can affect pets or humans. The strong smell of the bay leaves stops cockroaches from entering, as they cannot tolerate the smell. Hanging these leaves on the entry portals of cockroaches will stop any more roaches from entering the house, as the smell is a nightmare for all the roaches out there in the open waiting to get into the house. Crushing the dry leaves and spreading the powder will reduce cockroaches effectively.
Keep The Place Cool
Keeping the room cool will reduce cockroaches, as they are not adaptable to cold. They are active in heat and in the summer time, they even gain wings and fly to places, but when the temperature is cold, the roaches may not be as active.
Therefore, cockroaches can lead to a number of diseases and it is important to get rid of them forever from your home for a healthy and better living.