- 4 hrs ago Acute Kidney Failure: Causes, Symptoms, Risk Factors, Diagnosis And Treatment
- 5 hrs ago What You Should Know Before Waxing Your Face At Home
- 6 hrs ago Katrina Kaif Or Sonam Kapoor Or Priyanka Chopra, Whose Neeta Lulla Attire Is The Most Impressive?
- 8 hrs ago Alzheimer's And Brain Awareness Month 2020: Everything You Need To Know About Alzheimer's Disease
- Sports Proteas may resume training from next week if they get govt approval: Report
- Movies Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah Actors On Resuming Shoot: ‘We Are Excited & A Little Apprehensive’
- News Amit Shah to begin BJP campaign in Bihar next week with virtual rally
- Technology Last Week Most Trending Smartphones: Redmi 10X Pro 5G, Nokia C5 Endi, Sony Xperia 1 II And More
- Finance Moody's Downgrades India's Ratings
- Automobiles Honda CD 110 Dream BS6 Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 62,729
- Travel Post Lockdown Travel List: Hotspots In Spain
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Household cockroaches are the biggest enemy when it comes to domestic pest control. These tiny insects have been in existence from 320 million years ago and have evolved over time in such a way that they rule the house more than its owners do.
The present species of domestic cockroaches have their roots back in tropical Africa and they are suspected to be shipped to our shores decades back. Some of the common species of domestic cockroaches are - Water bug, Palmetto bug and the Bombay canary. These cockroaches are the potential carriers of bacteria to the food that is being consumed in home and it can lead to serious food poisoning. Some methods to get rid of these cockroaches forever are provided below. Take a look.
The house should be kept clean from dust and excess dirt. The cleanliness of the house is the most important factor to keep in mind to get rid of the roaches. Leaving food in the open and putting unclean dishes on the table for a long period of time can make the cockroaches attack, so it is recommended to avoid such practices. Once they are starved for food, they will eventually shift out of the house.
Baits And Traps
The cockroaches step in the traps and stay captive until they die or are thrown out of the house. Using baits is referred to as one of the most successful roach eviction processes, as the cockroaches first eat the poison from the baits and then they infect the others, leading to the complete eviction of their clan from the house. Gels for setting up the bait are also found in plenty in the market and assure its complete eviction.
Cockroaches cannot survive without water for more than 7 days, hence reducing the amount of dampness in the home and fixing the water leaks that are prevalent will lead to their death. The house should be well ventilated, as sunlight into the house will allow for any form of water to evaporate into the air, leaving the house dry and hence bereft of anything for them to feed on.
Use Strong Fragrances
The floor should be moped regularly with strong fragrant liquid such as citronella oil or any medicated phenyl. The strong perfume will evict any cockroach that arrives looking for food. While cleaning the floor is necessary, it is to be noted that excess of water should not be used, as the roaches will feed on water.
Use of boric acid powder on the areas that are prone to cockroaches will lead to reduction in the incidence of cockroach movements in the area. Boric acid can be applied on an area or even sprayed in the entire house, as it is very easy to apply and it stays on for a long period of time if it does not come into contact with water.
Using bay leaves to evict cockroaches forever is an effective homemade method that is safe and contains no poison that can affect pets or humans. The strong smell of the bay leaves stops cockroaches from entering, as they cannot tolerate the smell. Hanging these leaves on the entry portals of cockroaches will stop any more roaches from entering the house, as the smell is a nightmare for all the roaches out there in the open waiting to get into the house. Crushing the dry leaves and spreading the powder will reduce cockroaches effectively.
Keep The Place Cool
Keeping the room cool will reduce cockroaches, as they are not adaptable to cold. They are active in heat and in the summer time, they even gain wings and fly to places, but when the temperature is cold, the roaches may not be as active.
Therefore, cockroaches can lead to a number of diseases and it is important to get rid of them forever from your home for a healthy and better living.