- 8 hrs ago 73% Population Of Odisha Has Developed Antibodies Against COVID: ICMR Survey
- 9 hrs ago Karisma Kapoor Celebrates Spring Stylishly In The Fall; Posts A Cute Set Of Pictures With Randhir Kapoor
- 9 hrs ago Benefits Of Pomegranate For Babies: When To Introduce And Things To Remember
- 13 hrs ago Janhvi Kapoor And Ananya Panday Flaunt Green Outfits At The Global Citizen Live 2021 Event
- Sports IPL 2021: CSK vs SRH: Dream11 Prediction, Fantasy Tips, Possible 11, Match prediction
- Technology Flipkart The Big Billion Days Sale: Discount Offers On Realme 8s 5G, Realme C21Y, Realme Narzo 30 5G, And More
- News UP relaxes Covid lockdown norms for functions at open spaces
- Movies Shah Rukh Khan: Gauri Says I Overact All The Time And I Do Not Even Look Good On Screen [Flashback]
- Automobiles eBikeGo To Install 1 lakh IoT Enabled Charging Stations In India
- Finance Crisil Upgrades Bharti Airtel's Long-Term Rating to AA+; Short-Term Rating Reaffirmed
- Education JMI Entrance Exam Result 2021 Declared For All Courses, Check JMI Result Link
- Travel Top 10 Places To Visit In Karnataka in Winter
When it comes to furniture, many of us will agree that wooden furniture adds an elegance to the house. It has an old world charm to it and makes the house feel warm and inviting.
But the only problem with wooden furniture is maintenance. Wooden furniture is very tough to maintain and keep clean. There are problems like breeding of termites, and dust and dirt accumulating on the furniture.
Wooden furniture gets dull as time passes by. This type of furniture has the tendency to get stained easily. The stains of tea, coffee, beverages and food are tough to remove and clean.
Wooden furniture needs continuous maintenance and cleaning. To keep your furniture shining and stainless, you need to follow a few tips.
A few methods that would help you to clean the stains and keep the furniture shining are mentioned below:
Mineral Oil And Lemon
Use a mixture of mineral oil and a few drops of lemon for wiping your wooden furniture. The mixture helps to remove the dirt layer accumulated on the furniture and brings back its lost luster. The lemon acts as a cleaning agent and removes stains from the furniture. Use a soft cloth to wipe the furniture with the mixture. Make sure you wipe all the corners if the wood has a lot of carvings on it. Repeat this two to three times for that perfect shine.
Petroleum Jelly also has oil-like properties, and can hydrate the dry and dull wooden furniture in your house. Dust your wooden furniture first. Then take some jelly in your fingers and carefully apply it all over the wooden furniture. Do not clog the furniture with the jelly. Use only the required amount and make sure that the petroleum jelly is applied everywhere. In case the jelly is quite solid and does not spread easily, add some water to it. It brings out the sheen of the wood and keeps it stain-free.
Turpentine and Beeswax
Equal proportions of turpentine and beeswax can clean the wooden furniture perfectly. It also keeps away termites and other insects from the furniture. Wipe the furniture with a wet cloth first. Make a paste of the two. Dip a dry cloth in the mixture and wipe the furniture with it again. This is a very effective method of keeping your wooden furniture clean and shining.
Apart from enhancing the taste of salads and pasta, mayonnaise has the property of removing stains from wooden furniture. Mayonnaise can remove stains caused by beverages, water, food, writing pen, etc. on wooden furniture. Take a little mayo on a cloth and rub it over the stain. It may take some time but the stain will eventually fade away. Mayo is a good way to remove stubborn stains on wooden furniture.
Olive oil is very good to have your furniture shining again. Spray some oil on the wooden furniture. Use a cloth to rub the oil into the furniture. If your furniture is carved and has many details, make sure you get all the nooks and crannies. After 10 minutes, wipe the furniture again with a clean cloth to make sure no oil is left on the surface. This will bring out the natural shine of your wooden furniture.