Diwali is just a week away. Have you started your preparation yet? You have to clean your house, bring out those last year's decorative materials, invite friends and relatives, plan what to cook, buy gifts for all and there are lots of other things to do as well.
Do you want to do something different this year? How about trying your hand at handmade decorations? With the art and crafts tool, you can come up with beautiful Diwali decorative items for your house or use these items as gifts for your loved ones.
Your kids will also learn some great paper crafts with these ideas. With colourful papers, you can make different items and give your house a completely exclusive look on Diwali. Start from now, so that you can arrange everything for the occasion and you don't have to rush for anything.
Usually, for paper crafts, you are going to need different types of papers, colours, pen, coloured pencils, beads and rhinestones, tea-lights, etc. You can even add more things to the list.
So, how to make simple paper crafts for Diwali? Here are some great ideas. Follow these and make your house have a festive look of lights, hope and happiness.
1. Diwali Cards: Why not make beautiful diwali cards with art paper and designs that will impress everyone? You could try making really beautiful handmade Diwali cards to wish your loved ones.
2. Diwali Floating Diyas: You are going to need coloured foam paper and tea-lights. Fix a tea-light on the foam paper with glue and make a circle around it. Cut it and design it with kundans. Making floating diyas is really that simple.
3. Diwali Paper Diyas: If you have little idea of origami, you can also make beautiful floral shapes. Make those and fix tea-light candles in the middle. Children should do this under the guidance of elders and be careful while using scissors and blades.
4. Diwali Door Hanging: Kids will love to make this. You just need to download free templates and have several printouts of those. Decorate it with beads, sequins and other decorative items and hang it at the door. It will make your home welcoming. You can also use this as torans at the entrance of your puja room.
5. Diwali Footprints: In many households, Goddess Lakshmi is worshipped on Diwali. Make Diwali footprints of Goddess Lakshmi and fix those around your house.
6. Sparkling Centerpiece: Diwali means crackers and glitters. How about making those sparkling pieces with paper? You need cardboard rolls for that. Cut long rolls into halves and paint them with the designs you see when crackers burst. Use gliiters to add glamour. Now, make strips of aluminum rolls, metal wrapping, etc., and stick those inside the cardboard rolls. This sparkling centerpiece will light up your house for sure.