We all are familiar with the health benefits of olive oil, isn't it? Cooking with olive oil is considered to be the best way to boost your health into goodness.
But not many are aware of the health benefits of olive leaf. Yes, the lesser known olive leaf is known to have some incredible benefits for your body.
This is known to be a traditional herb with therapeutic properties that can provide you with great benefits. This is because, it contains powerful plant compounds that have natural polyphenolic compounds.
Several scientific studies have also revealed that olive leaf extract has immense health benefits for the body.
One of the primary substances in olive leaf is known as oleuropein that offers antifungal, antiviral and antibacterial properties.
Lab studies have also confirmed that the extract of olive leaf is effective in battling against microorganisms like fungi, bacteria, protozoa and viruses among others that cause a lot of diseases.
Olive leaf extract can be consumed every day in the form of olive leaf tea.
In this article, we have listed some of the top benefits of drinking olive leaf tea every day. Read to know the best health benefits of olive leaf tea.
1. Reduces Cancer Risk:
Olive leaf has the ability to stop the angiogenic process that triggers tumour growth. The oleuropein delivers a potent anti-angiogenic property and antioxidant effect by preventing the reproduction and mitigation of advanced tumour cells.
2. Lowers Blood Pressure:
Olive leaf tea offers anti-hypertensive properties that work against hypertension, blood pressure and ultimately also prevent the risk of potential heart complications.
3. Fights Off Super-bugs:
Olive leaves have been able to resist bacterial attacks for thousands of years now. It has the ability to battle infection, including pneumonia, hepatitis B, meningitis, tuberculosis, candidal infection and gonorrhoea. This is one of the main benefits of olive leaf tea.
4. Younger-looking Healthier Skin:
Researchers have found that oleuropin extract of olive leaf was able to reduce skin reddening, improve blood flow and dehydration better than vitamin E. It contains high levels of antioxidants that help in reversing skin damage.
5. Boosts The Immune System:
It contains several antiviral properties that not only treat dangerous viruses but also help fight the common cold. It contains powerful substances that aid in fighting against a host of disease-causing microbes. This is one of the top benefits of drinking olive leaf tea.
6. Arthritis Relief:
Olive leaf offers anti-inflammatory properties that are quite effective in relieving the symptoms of arthritis. The extract of this that you consume in the form of tea has beneficial effects on both osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
7. Improves Brain Function & Helps Fight Alzheimer's Disease:
Olive tea helps in keeping you physically and mentally active and you'll be less likely to suffer from dementia. It offers powerful effects on brain function. Its powerful leaf compounds help fight Alzheimer's disease and inhibit the factors that cause memory loss. This is one of the top health benefits of drinking olive leaf tea every day.
- Here's Why Ramadan Is The Best Time To Quit Smoking
- From Curing Diabetes To Detox, Here Are 15 Medicinal Benefits Of Jackfruit
- Fungal Nail Infection Treating Pill Could Help Cure Bowel Cancer
- Do You Know About The Cancer-preventing Pizza?
- Reminder For The 40s: Get Yourself A Colon And Rectal Cancer Screening, NOW!
- This Plan Can Help In Cutting The Risk Of Cancer By 40%
- What's The Best Way To Prepare Sweet Potatoes?
- These Diets Can Help Lower The Risk Of Cancer And Heart Diseases, WHO Reveals
- E-cigarette Flavours Are Not Safe For You, They Produce Toxins
- 10 Skin Cancer Myths And Facts You Probably Didn't Know
- Tips To Prevent Cancer Naturally
- This New Breakthrough Could Detect Early Signs Of Cancers