Sometimes we are so caught up with our work that drinking water at regular intervals is also forgotten. We realize this only when we fall sick.
Water is the most important fluid required by our body. Our body needs at least 3 litres of water every day. Since our body is made up of 70% water, we need it for our body to function properly.
When our body does not get enough water, it starts showing. Our skin gets dehydrated and loses its shine, the amount of urine decreases and lots of other problems arise.
The root cause of all these problems arises because our body is not able to flush out the toxins. The organ which is responsible for it is our kidneys.
Our kidneys need enough water to function properly and regularly remove toxins from our body. But when it does not get enough water, kidney stones are formed.
Kidney stones are hard stone-like substances formed in the kidneys or the urinary tract because of the excess of mineral content.
The main cause of kidney stones is dehydration. Other reasons such as hereditary and diet can also lead to formation of kidney stones.
Opting for natural remedies may be helpful. There is one natural ingredient which is known to be most effective in removing kidney stones - parsley.
Parsley is a herb which is a source of flavonoids and anti-oxidants that help fight free radical damage, and folic acid and vitamins K and E that prevent calcification.
It also prevents accumulation of calcium oxalate which is a common cause of stone formation. It is also a natural diuretic, meaning it helps to flush out the toxins and excess salts from the body naturally.
Below are the ways in which you can use parsley to dissolve kidney stones.
1) Parsley Water:
This recipe includes cucumber and lemon to increase its effectiveness.
- 4 sprigs of fresh parsley
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 a cucumber
- Peel and chop the cucumber.
- Juice the lemon.
- Take the parsley leaves in a pan of water and boil for 15 minutes.
- Allow it to cool.
- Add the lemon juice and the cucumber pieces to it.
- Refrigerate the water overnight or until all the flavours mingle with each other.
- Strain and consume.
2) Parsley Tea:
This is a simple tea made with parsley leaves. As the leaves can be bitter, addition of a few drops of lemon juice or honey can make it appealing to the taste buds. This tea has a bunch of other health benefits as well.
- 2 sprigs of parsley leaves
- 1 pot of water.
- Boil the water.
- Chop the leaves and add to a cup.
- Add the boiled water to the leaves and let it stand for 10 minutes. If you want a stronger brew, leave on for 15-20 minutes.
- Strain and drink.
3) Parsley With Apple Cider Vinegar:
Apple cider vinegar encourages the production of hydrochloric acid, which prevents kidney stones. Olive oil acts as a lubricant for easy passing of the stones.
- 4 sprigs of parsley
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon of Apple cider vinegar
- A few drops of olive oil.
- Blend all of the above ingredients in a blender.
- Strain and drink. Add more water if the mixture is too thick.