- Finance RBI To Infuse Rs 15,000 Crore In June Through OMO
- Technology Samsung Galaxy M40, Galaxy A10s tipped to launch in India soon
- News 'Student within me accepts you as teacher': Modi tells PMO staff
- Sports La Liga, Real Betis join hands to promote Spanish football internationally
- Automobiles Renault Launches Arkana Coupe SUV In Russia — Could Be India Bound
- Movies Sandalwood Actresses With Highest Number Of Filmfare Awards: Radhika Pandit Tops The List
- Education HSC Result 2019 Gujarat: Steps To Check HSC Arts And Commerce Stream Result 2019
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Snoring is a very common problem and is often noticed as a disease. It is estimated that about 45 percent of normal adults snore occasionally, and 25 percent are habitual snorers, and the problem is more common in men and overweight individuals.
Snoring may not pose as a serious concern, unless it disrupts your partner's sleep. But, chronic loud snoring is a potential health issue that needs to be addressed at the right time.
Snoring occurs when relaxed structures in the throat vibrate and start making noise. Snoring is often considered as a sleep disorder, but snoring heavily can have serious social and medical effects.
There are three types of snoring or sleep apnoea - obstructive sleep apnoea, complex sleep apnoea and central sleep apnoea. There are a few causes that lead to snoring, which are being overweight, normal ageing and if the tonsils and tongue are larger.
Snoring can be treated and kept in check by using some of the simple home remedies. Read on to know more about the 15 Indian home remedies for snoring.
Peppermint contains anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce swelling of the membranes in the lining of the throat and nostrils. Peppermint promotes easy and smooth breathing.
- Add two drops of peppermint oil to a glass of water.
- Gargle this mixture before going to bed.
- You can rub peppermint oil into the lower portions of each side of your nose before bedtime.
2. Olive Oil
Olive oil is a strong anti-inflammatory agent, that eases the tissues all along the respiratory passages by reducing the swelling to provide a clear passage for the air. Olive oil can lessen the vibrations in the throat and help from stopping you snore.
- Take two sips of olive oil before going to bed daily.
- Combine ½ a tsp each of olive oil and honey and consume it daily.
3. Steam Inhalation
One of the best treatments to cure snoring is to inhale steam. Also, nasal congestion is one of the main reasons behind the causes of snoring.
- In a large bowl, pour hot water.
- Add a few drops of eucalyptus essential oil to it.
- Hold a towel over your head and inhale the steam. Try this remedy daily before bed.
4. Clarified Butter
Clarified butter is also called ghee and contains certain medicinal properties that can help open up blocked nasal passages. This remedy will help you to snore less.
- Warm 1 tsp of ghee and by the help of a dropper, put 2 drops in each nostril.
- Do this daily before going to bed.
Cardamom is an effective spice for opening up blocked nasal passages and in reducing congestion, thereby resulting in less snoring.
- Add ½ a tsp of cardamom powder to a glass of warm water and drink this 30 minutes before going to bed.
Turmeric being a powerful antiseptic and antibiotic agent can treat inflammation and help reduce heavy snoring. Turmeric will not only let you breathe freely but will also boost your immune system.
- To a glass of warm milk, add 2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Drink this daily 30 minutes before going to sleep.
Nettle is one of the best herbal snoring remedies which helps to treat snoring. The anti-inflammatory and antihistamine properties in nettle are very useful in treating snoring.
- Add 1 tbsp of dried nettle leaves to 1 cup of boiling water.
- Steep for 5 minutes and then strain the tea.
Garlic is effective against the mucus build-up in the nasal passage. It is also very effective for the respiratory system.
- Chew 1 or 2 garlic cloves and then drink a glass of water.
Honey has gentle and intense healing properties, making it a popular ingredient to cure snoring. It helps in lubricating the throat and reduces snoring vibrations.
- Take 1 tbsp of honey in a glass of warm water and drink this mixture before going to bed.
Chamomile is another useful herb possessing various medicinal properties. Chamomile contains anti-inflammatory properties that reduce swelling and allergies which otherwise trigger snoring.
- Add a tbsp of chamomile flowers or dip a chamomile tea bag in 1 cup of water.
- Boil the flowers for 10 minutes and strain it.
- Drink it every night before bed.
Snoring can also happen due to digestive problems. Fenugreek is an excellent home remedy that will cure snoring caused by digestive issues.
- Soak a few fenugreek seeds in water for half an hour and drink it before bedtime.
12. Eucalyptus Oil
Eucalyptus oil is one of the most effective remedies for snoring and also fights chest congestion and clears your nasal passage.
- Before going to bed, add a few drops of essential oil in a diffuser.
- The smell in the air will clear the nasal passage.
13. Saline Nasal Spray
A saline spray reduces the inflammation inside the nose and prevents you from snoring. It can also treat sinus problems, allergies or infections that can cause swelling inside the nose.
- Add kosher salt to water.
- Stir well and store it in a spray bottle.
- Pour 2 drops of the saline water into each of your nostrils before going to bed.
Sage is a powerful herb that contains anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties which reduce inflammation in the nose.
- Take a handful of sage leaves and add it in a pot of boiling water.
- Place a towel over your head and inhale the steam with your nose and mouth.
15. Ginger Tea
Ginger contains antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that soothe the throat and lubricate the tissues. Ginger also opens up the nasal cavity and reduces swelling.
- Add the crushed ginger in boiling water.
- Let it steep for some time and then strain it.
- Add a little bit of honey to the ginger tea and consume.
Share this article!
If you like reading this article, share it with your close ones.