- 9 hrs ago Nushrat Bharucha Exudes Eco-Friendly And Boss Lady Vibes In Her Green Pantsuit And We Loved It!
- 9 hrs ago Try This Easy-To-Make Raj Kachori Recipe
- 9 hrs ago Gauahar Khan And Zaid Darbar Flaunt Ethnic Outfits As Gauahar Announces Her Wedding Date
- 11 hrs ago Peppermint Tea: Health Benefits And How To Make
- News No outside person allowed to interfere in India's internal issues, says farmer leader
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 December 2 Highlights: Jasmin Is Devastated As Aly Exits House; Kavita Walks Out Leaving Everyone Shocked
- Education Career Point Star Scholarship 2020: Check Registration And Exam Pattern
- Sports India vs Australia: Switch-hit is within laws, part of game's evolution: Maxwell
- Finance Nearly 40 Small And Midcap Stock Ideas To Create Wealth In The Long Term
- Technology Excitel Revises Broadband Plans; Offering High Speed At Rs. 50
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In December
- Automobiles Hyundai Kona Electric SUV Recalled In India: Possible Electrical Deficiency In High-Voltage BMS
Knee pain affects most of the people during some point in their lives. It occurs due to certain activities that we do not perform on an everyday basis. Here we have listed home remedies for knee pain that you must surely make use of.
Suddenly engaging in sports and other activities can cause pain in the knee due to muscle strain. Sometimes, knee pain can reach an unbearable level and it can limit a person from performing daily activities.
Persistent knee pain might also be an indicator of a knee ligament injury. These are common injuries that occur while being active in sports. The ligaments that connect the thigh bone to the lower leg bone might get sprained or tear, and this may result in severe knee pain.
Few of the factors that must be considered when it comes to knee pain are how the flexibility and functioning of the knees are affected and the general mobility.
If you consult a doctor, then this will be identified with the help of x-rays and physical evaluation. However, mild and moderate pain can be treated successfully at home with the help of home remedies. These powerful and natural methods will ward off knee pain and will help you lead a pain-free life.
1. Olive Oil:
Apply olive oil on the painful areas and massage it for 5 minutes. Leave it on for about an hour and wash it off. Repeat this once every day. It helps in treating painful and swollen knees.
2. Mustard Oil:
Heat some mustard oil and add a few pieces of garlic into it. Heat the content for 15 minutes and apply it on the knee. Leave it on for an hour and wipe off with a towel dipped in hot water. This helps in soothing the pain and inflammation.
3. Ginger Tea:
Prepare a cup of tea using chopped ginger, lemon juice and honey. Drink this every day, as the anti-inflammatory properties of ginger will help treat the swelling and pain.
4. Fenugreek Seeds:
Roast some fenugreek seeds, powder it and prepare a paste by adding some water to it. Apply the paste on the painful knee and wash it off after 30 minutes. Repeat this every day to relieve the pain.
5. Grape Juice:
Add half a spoon of pectin to a cup of grape juice and drink this twice in a day for three weeks. Grape juice effectively treats knee pain.
6. Eucalyptus Oil:
Mix 5 drops of eucalyptus oil to 2 drops of olive oil and 5 drops of peppermint oil. Apply the mixture on the painful knee and leave it on for an hour.
Lemon effectively helps in the treatment of knee pain, which is caused by arthritis. Slice a lemon and cover it using a cloth. Dip the cloth in half a cup of sesame oil and place it on the affected knee. Leave it on for ten minutes.
8. Coconut Oil:
Boil half a cup of coconut oil for three minutes and apply it on the affected knee using your fingers. Leave it on for a couple of hours.
9. Apple Cedar Vinegar:
Add two spoons of apple cedar vinegar to a cup of water and drink the solution once in a day. Its alkalizing properties will help soothe the pain in the knees.
10. Cayenne Pepper With Olive Oil:
Add two spoons of cayenne pepper to one and a half cup of olive oil. Prepare a paste out of it and apply it on the affected area, do this twice a day. The pepper contains an active component called capsaicin that helps in soothing the pain and swelling in the knee.