- 14 hrs ago Diwali 2019: What Are Green Crackers And Why You Should Be Using Them
- 15 hrs ago Milk Allergy: Symptoms, Causes, Risk Factors, Diagnosis And Treatment
- 15 hrs ago What Is Carbon Peel Facial, Its Benefits And How Does It Work
- 16 hrs ago Sara Ali Khan And Rakul Preet Singh Give Us White Outfit Goals For The Upcoming Party
- News Pressure on Pak to deliver on FATF acton plan: Bipin Rawat
- Sports India vs South Africa, 3rd Test: Live Update: India look to sweep series at Ranchi
- Movies Gold Awards 2019 Winners Web Series: Sunny Leone, Kunal Jaisingh, Ronit Roy & Others Bag Awards
- Technology ZTE Blade A7s, ZTE Blade 20 Smart Xiaoxin Edition Unveiled: Price, Specs And More
- Automobiles Odd-Even Rule Returns To Delhi In November: We Have All The Details
- Education 5 Things Students Should Know About MHRD Internship Scheme
- Travel Simple Tips & Tricks For Booking Cheap Flight Tickets In India
- Finance Rules On Vehicle Insurance Claims On Driving Under The Influence Of Alcohol
Conjunctivitis is an eye condition in which the conjuntivita, the clear membrane covering the white of the eyes and the eye lids, gets inflamed due to coming in contact with virus. It maybe caused due to allergic reactions from over exposure to sunlight, pollution, smoke etc. The inflammation is caused by the swelling of the small blood vessels, which gives the pink or the red hue to the eyes. It is highly contagious and can be spread through direct contact.
1.The eyes itch uncontrollably.
2.The white of the eyes turns red and specially around the eye ball.
3.Watery eyes with yellowish discharge.
4.The eyes swell up making it difficult to open.
5.Increased sensitivity to light.
It is generally noticed that if one eyes is infected with Conjunctivitis, the other too gets infected soon.
Pink eye is not a serious health condition and can be cured with the right medication. It is generally cured with bathing the eyes with artificial tears. It is treated with antibiotic ointment and drops. The conjunctivitis symptoms improve in 2 to 3 days times though the medication should continue for 10 days at least.
In more serious cases of Pink Eye, drops containing anti-viral drug is prescribed. The symptoms usually clear in 2-3 weeks time.
Even after the clearing of the symptoms, the eyes should be saved from exposure to triggering substance.
1.Place sliced Potato on the eyes. This helps to cool off the eyes and reduces the strain.
2.Soak goldthread leaves in water and use it for eye wash. It not only reduced the inflammation but also the pain.
3.Increased consumption of Vitamin A and B2 helps in curing it faster. Green leafy vegetables, tomatoes, citrus fruits and banana's should be included in the diet.
4.300 ml of Carrot juice mixed with 200 ml of Spinach juice should be taken twice a day.
5.Sterile cotton by dipping it into warm water. Use it to clear the eye discharge. This will not only save you from contacting germs but also relief your eyes from the continuous strain.
6.Apply yogurt on the eye lid of the infected eye. This reduces itchiness.
These remedies Conjunctivitis make sure that you don't have side effects. Though these remedies may take some time in curing your 'Pink Eye', they make make sure your eyes are infection free. However, the remedies should be taken under the guidance of a doctor.