- 2 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 23 January 2020
- 10 hrs ago Can You Get Pregnant While On Birth Control Pills?
- 11 hrs ago 11 Health Benefits Of Doing Pushups Daily
- 12 hrs ago Did You Know These Benefits of Drinking Green Tea Before Bed
- Movies Ala Vaikunthapuramloo Day 11 Worldwide Box Office: Film Maintains A Winning Streak
- Technology Upcoming Samsung Premium Smartphones Expected To Launch In 2020
- News Democrats to make case against Trump at Senate impeachment trial
- Sports Thailand Masters: Saina, Srikanth crash out, India's challenge ends at BWF World Tour Super 300 event
- Finance Budget 2020: Govt May Tweak 5% Tax Slab To Include Upto Rs 7 Lakh Income
- Automobiles MG ZS Electric SUV Registers 2,800 Units In Bookings Within 27 Days Of Unveil
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu and Kashmir In 2020
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
What are the types of Diabetes in childhood?
The types of Diabetes in childhood are the same as in adult, but the proportion of type 1 Diabetes is more in Childhood. To our surprise, we are seeing more and more cases of type 2 Diabetes in children.
Why my child?
It is unfortunate it is your child. The cause of Diabetes in childhood is not fully understood. Diabetes is most often associated with a genetically determined predisposition, the presence of autoimmunity and environmental influence. Some viral infection destroying the Insulin producing cells of the pancreas have been found in some cases. Most of the cases the damage is permanent meaning the child is dependent on Insulin for life.
Is Insulin a must?
Yes. Insulin is a must for Type 1 Diabetes as their body is deficient of insulin. If insulin is not given the child will progress to Diabetic coma which is a life-threatening condition.
When my child should start injecting?
In case of Diabetes in childhood, insulin treatment should be started as soon as the diagnosis is done to prevent the metabolic disturbances and diabetic coma. From around the age of 8 years your child is expected to inject him- or her-self.