- 6 hrs ago 5 DIY Face Scrubs For The Radiant Glow
- 9 hrs ago Happy Durga Puja 2022: Wishes, Images, Quotes, Photos, Greetings & Whatsapp Status
- 10 hrs ago GQ Best Dressed Awards 2022: Nora Fatehi, Esha Gupta, Pooja Hegde & Others Dazzle At The Red Carpet
- 11 hrs ago Navratri 2022: Durga Ashtami Timings, Puja Rituals, Fasts And Legends
- Sports Rain threat looms over sell-out India-South Africa T20 clash; arrangements in place, say organisers
- News Swachh Survekshan 2022: CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan, Cong's Nath hail top ranks for MP, Indore
- Finance Cryptocurrency Fails To Stabilize, Market-cap Slips 1.39%: Bitcoin Plunges To US$ 19,286
- Movies Bigg Boss Telugu 6 Elimination Week 4: Will It Be Arohi?
- Education IGNOU Exam Form 2022 Out for December Term End Examinations, Apply Now at ignou.ac.in
- Automobiles 2023 Tata Harrier Spotted Testing - Gets ADAS, New Design & More
- Technology Realme Smartphones Receiving Updates For Jio 5G Support
- Travel List of The Shortest Rivers In The World
Princess Diana, the lady who truly influenced the fashion game like no other! From her gym wear shorts to standing pretty poised with royalties across the globe, Lady Diana, Princess of Wales always made a goddess-like impression with her tasteful style. Princess Diana was born on 1 July 1961. Lady Diana left this world on 31 August 1997, at a young age.
We have curated the 10 most iconic dresses of Princess Diana, the people's princess of all time (perfect when you wish for some diva inspiration):
Black Strapless Gown
1980 was the year when Di made her first public appearance with her fiancé, Prince Charles. Needless to say, Lady Diana Spencer impressed everyone with her chic outfit. She chose a black strapless taffeta evening gown by designers David and Elizabeth Emanuel. The press called her "Daring Di" post this appearance and fashion enthusiasts got their new inspiration!
The Wedding Dress
The iconic wedding dress designed by ace designers David and Elizabeth Emanuel still remains an inspiration for many designers to date. The whole idea behind this dress was, that the dress should reflect the simple fact that she was going in as Lady Diana Spencer and coming out as the Princess of Wales. The thoughtful details like a 25-foot train and 10,000 pearls read ROYALTY in bold letters!
Asymmetric Beaded Gown
Sometimes "understated" can speak a thousand words. And for Lady Diana, this asymmetric beaded gown by Japanese designer Hachi read elegance. The Princess totally won over the Americans on her first official visit to the US with this beaded detailed gown!
The “Travolta” Dress
Lady Di wore a Victor Edelstein dress at a gala dinner at the White House in November 1985. The dress got re-christened as "Travolta" dress as the princess twirled and danced happily with Hollywood actor John Travolta at the dinner!
The “Mermaid” Dress
The famous "Mermaid" dress by Catherine Walker was princess approved it seems. Di chose this sequin and shimmery ensemble twice, first on an Austrian State Visit in 1986 and again at the Diamond Ball in 1990. The front slit of the dress added to the glam factor. This sequined ensemble was reportedly auctioned for over $1,30,000.
Red Cocktail Dress
Post her divorce in 1995, Diana experienced new style sensibilities. The fashion world called her an icon then! At a Parisian Dinner, she made a stylish appearance in a red cocktail number by designer Christian Lacroix. The matching pumps and clutch added to the understated glam!
Halter Neck Dress
Another chic style, this Catherine Walker halter neck dress oozed diva-like charm! The short dress had glass beads embroidered with a scroll-like pattern. With curated accessories, Di looked stunning at the gallery opening.
A dress with a thought! Diana picked the two-tone Catherine Walker Dress at a Pavarotti concert. Since the event was benefiting the Red Cross, the Lady chose the primary color for her minimal detailed sleeveless dress!
For cardiac research in Sydney, the diva dazzled in an electric blue Versace gown. The off-shoulder gown looked trendy and fabulous. It is the clean, minimal outlook that worked for this iconic outfit.
Diana always admired traditional, ethnic outfits. The Princess received this pearl-studded ethnic Salwar-Kameez as a gift from pal Jemima Khan. Reportedly, she loved the outfit to the extent that, she requested more such Pakistani-Inspired traditional outfits from her designer Catherine Walker.
- art culturePrincess Diana, Michael Jackson, Paul Walker: How Would They Look Like Today? Artist Uses AI To Predict
- womenRemembering Princess Diana: Queen Of Hearts And The People's Princess
- fashion trendsThe Crown: Elizabeth Debicki Recreates Princess Diana’s ‘Revenge Dress’ Moment; Why This Dress Is Iconic
- fashion trendsEmma Corrin’s Emmy’s 2021 Costume Is Surprising And There Could Be Salem Witch Trials Angle To It
- fashion trendsPrincess Diana's Niece Lady Kitty Spencer Looks Gorgeous In Her Victorian Lace Wedding Gown
- womenLilibet Diana: Story Behind Prince Harry And Meghan Markle's Baby Daughter's Name
- fashion trendsFlashback Friday: When Lady Diana Wore Yellow Overalls And How The Outfit Was Reimagined In The Crown
- fashion trendsKate Middleton Wears A Blue Dress For Her 10th Wedding Anniversary; Plus Learn More About Her Engagement Ring
- fashion trendsAs Princess Diana’s Wedding Gown Will Be Exhibited, Here Are Some Interesting Facts About Her Gown
- fashion trendsGolden Globes 2021: Did Emma Corrin Find A Connect Between Pierrot Clown And Lady Diana With Her Gown?
- hair careYear Ender: Short Hair Goals From Princess Diana Of The Crown And Beth Harmon Of The Queen’s Gambit
- fashion trendsPrincess Diana’s Top 3 Gorgeous Sweaters; Which One Is Your Favourite?