The dhoti trend has taken over the runway and there is no way our readers are going to miss it. Take a quick look below at the 15 ways to style a dhoti and steal the show before anyone else could. So hurry up! And read along...
1. Indo-Western Dhoti Look: Add a solid crop top and wear it a simple patterned or solid colour dhoti. Add a petite belt and gaudy clutch to finish a Mehndi look.
2. Wear it With A Suit: Forget Indian pants and regular chudidar, go for dhoti this season. Go for an edgy Indian look this wedding season with suit and dhoti look.
3. With A Maxi Top: Match your printed maxi tops with a plain dhoti. You can also get a front-open top and add a solid white dhoti to it. Get a sling bag and oxidised jewellery to finish the look.
4. Dhoti + Tees: Add dhoti in your casual category. Instead of jeans, tuck your tee in a dhoti. Add a statement necklace and a printed clutch to it.
5. Wear It In Contrast: Get a bright coloured dhoti match it with lighter shades. Like a green dhoti, white tank top and a pink blazer combo below:
6. Dhoti Separates: Turn dhoti into an outfit. Get a matching blouse and dhoti together.
7. Turn It Into A Saree: Wear a dhoti saree. Do a Pinterest search on Sonam Kapoor's dhoti sarees, you'll get ample of ideas.
8. Dhoti + Kurta: Wear a casual dhoti with a long cotton kurta. This could be your movie day outfit.
9. Dhoti + Crop Top: Wear your dhoti with a crop top and give it an enhanced look.
10. Dhoti + Small Belt: Wear a solid colour dhoti with a plain white shirt. Add a small/petite belt to it.
11 Dhoti + Big Belt: To amp up the above look. Instead of going for a small belt, go for a big stylish belt.
12. Wear It With A Sequin Kurta: Turn it into a reception outfit. Get a shimmery sleeveless kurti made. Match it with a beige or off gold dhoti.
13: Dhoti With A Full Sleeve Kurta: Go out-of-the-box in traditional Indian category. This season wear a crop blouse and a dhoti at a wedding.
14. Dhoti + Cape Poncho: Level up your style. Match your dhoti with a cape poncho.
15. Wear It With A Simple Suit: If you can't go for the heavy suit look above, go for this simple and elegant suit look.
So which dhoti style are you going to try?