- 1 hr ago Ankita Lokhande Or Erica Fernandes, Whose White Saree Is Prettier And Who Pulled It Off Better?
- 6 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 24 September 2020
- 12 hrs ago ICW 2020: Janhvi Kapoor Unveils The Elegant Veil Look In Manish Malhotra’s Couture Movie
- 13 hrs ago ICW 2020: Falguni And Shane Peacock’s Outfits Are Exquisite But The Movie Has A Few Loopholes
- News Is India ready for war asks Swamy, demands white paper
- Movies Vijayakanth Tests Positive for COVID-19, Hospitalised: Reports
- Sports No need to criticise Pat Cummins, says Kolkata Knight Riders captain Dinesh Karthik
- Finance Banking Stocks Look Weak But Brokerages Are Bullish On This Private Bank
- Technology Google Pixel 5, Pixel 4a 5G Massive Leak; Launch Set For September 30
- Automobiles Nissan Magnite India Launch Rumored By End 2020: Will Rival Toyota Urban Cruiser
- Education CISCE Compartment Time Table 2020 Released For ICSE And ISC Exams
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Winter In India In 2020
It is not an easy job to be an actor. It is not just about the lavish and glamorous life, not even their acting skills. In Bollywood, actors have to work really hard to get the applauses.
The costumes and attires being one of the primary criteria about any actor in a movie, actors have to look stylish as well as meet the script's demands.
There have been a lot of times where actors had to take on a lot of weight in the forms of their movie attires.
Deepika For Ghoomar, Padmavati
Yesterday, the first song from the upcoming film Padmavati released and the whole world is talking about it. Ghoomar is a form of Rajasthani folk dance and Deepika Padukone performed in the song, not just blowing people's minds but also carrying a really heavy lehenga on her.
Her lehenga for the song weighed approximately 30 kg which was due to the heavy embroidery work done all over its body.
Deepika For Goliyon Ki Rasleela Ram-Leela
It is not the first time in Padmavati that Deepika wore such a heavy attire. It has been her forte since Goliyon Ki Rasleela Ram-Leela. In the movie's first released poster, this fashion diva crossed every limit of gorgeousness as she wore her 30 kg green lehenga from Anju Modi's couture.
Anushka For Channa Mereya, Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
Deepika was not alone among the latest top Bollywood actresses to carry such heavy attires. Anushka Sharma wore a gorgeous golden lehenga designed by Sabyasachi Mukherjee which weighed 17 kg. She has donned some amazingly crafted kundan jewellery by Sabyasachi along with the lehenga which added 3 more kilograms to her look. As a whole, she was carrying 20 kg!
Anushka For Bombay Velvet
Prior to ADHM, Anushka Sharma had donned a pretty heavy weight attire for Bombay Velvet. She wore this bling and shimmery green sequin couture gown which had an amazing gold detailing by designer Niharika Bhasin Kha. As fans were amazed by her look, little did they know that the gown was of 35 kg and Anushka carried it flawlessly.
Sophie Chaudhury For Kidnap
Prominent actress and model Sophie Chaudhary is also an effecient dancer and we all remember her 'Meri Ek Ada Shola' song from the movie Kindap. She was wearing a two-piece in the movie which looked anything but heavy. But, it was totally a veil for the eyes as just the mirror bustier weighed 15 kg. Can you believe it?
Madhuri For Kaahe Chhed, Devdas
The evergreen and undying beauty of Bollywood, Madhuri Dixit is a jack of all celluloid trades but did you know that long before Sophie, Deepika and Anushka, this pretty diva donned a really heavy attire for Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Devdas.
Her red and golden ghagra for the song Kaahe Chhed took many breathes away, but did you know that her attire weighed 30 kg and Madhuri managed to carry it while dancing flawlessly.
For an interview, Madhuri said, "Even when I stopped dancing, my ghaghra wouldn't stop swirling. It was almost impossible to do the shot."
Sridevi For Dushman Dil, Roop Ki Rani Choron Ka Raja
Sridevi wore a fantastic cold shoulder golden costume designed by Neeta Lulla for a song called Dushman Dil from the movie Roop Ki Rani Choron Ka Raja. The costume weighed 25 kg and Sridevi carried that for the shoot for many days. The song took 15 days to complete the shoot and Sridevi carried that weight each day.
Out of the context, you got that right. The cold shoulder trend is that old.
Sridevi For Puli
Not just in Bollywood, Sridevi carried the heavy attire trend for her Tamil blockbuster movie Puli. In the movie, Sridevi's every attire was 10 kg each and she carried them for several days till the shooting ended. All her dresses were designed by ace designer and her favourite Manish Malhotra.