- 5 hrs ago Ashadha Gupt Navratri 2022 Day 1: Date, Time, Rituals, Significance, And Puja Mantras
- 6 hrs ago Plastic Ban From 1 July: 14 Eco-Friendly Alternatives For Everyday Plastics
- 9 hrs ago 6 Ways To Monsoon-Proof Your Home
- 12 hrs ago Venus Transit In Gemini 13 July 2022: Impact On Zodiac Signs And Remedies
- Sports Verstappen defends Piquet after Hamilton slur: 'He's definitely not a racist'
- News Harsha murder case: NIA searches at 13 locations in Karnataka
- Finance This Focused Mutual Fund Invests 93% In Equities, Given Upto 80% Return In 2 Yrs: Rated 4 Star By Crisil
- Movies Ponniyin Selvan: Karthi's Look For The Mani Ratnam Project Goes Viral!
- Technology Samsung Student Advantage Program Offers: Discounts You Can Avail
- Education National Doctors’ Day 2022: Inspirational Quotes And Messages To Express Gratitude To Your Doctor
- Automobiles 2022 TVS Radeon Launched In India: Gets New Features Including LCD Screen & Real-Time Mileage
- Travel Best Monsoon Beach Destinations In India
Skirts are feminine, they can be long, short, midi or just flared. Skirts can be of any size and shape, can have any pattern or design. Women have been loving skirts since the 18th century. The skirt was the reason which made Marilyn Monroe the legend, drove Austin Powers wild and what would Scarlett O'Hara have been without a flowing silhouette?
A skirt is considered to be a crucial part of women's dress for centuries. The skirt; a garment so distinctly feminine that in the 1800s, the word itself was slang for woman. High-heeled boots carriy a lot of eroticism and so does the skirt.
Coming on to the history. The skirt is the second oldest garment known to mankind. It is preceded by loin clothes only. Skirts were not worn by just women, so mankind is the right word to use. Yes, skirts were worn by both men and women during the 18th and 19th century.
Men and women both wore skirts in ancient times. Once you had the initial idea of weaving a rectangular piece of fabric and tying it around yourself, you had basically the skirt. If we look at the ancient Egyptian paintings, you see men and women both wearing what's in effect a skirt. Some of the countries are still experiencing skirt among men; like lungi in India, the kilts in Scotland, et cetera.
Skirts were expensive and was a luxurious thing to wear back in those days. Nowadays skirts are personalised, but those days, it was supposed to be only long or ankle length. Women wore skirts for a long period of time, to have modesty and prestige.
As the days passed, and the 21st century hit,the hemlines and length of the skirts had a huge change compared to the ancient days. The length of the skirts became long to mini, the hemlines are cropped, flared, pleated or just skin tight.
The modern era of skirts include types of skirts, which did not exist during the ancient days. From long to short, maxi to skin tight, mini to midi various types of hem, skirts have evolved from the 18th century till now. Also, one of the best selling and pricey brand for skirts, which has been remarkable changes in the world fashion is Prada. They made the skirts look even more, prettier, stylish, sexier and bolder.
So this was all about the history of skirts. If you want to know more of such fashion related facts, stay tune with us, right here on Boldsky. Don't forget to give your views on this.
- fashion trends15 Impressive Date Night Outfits For Women And The Styling Tips To Help You Get Ready With Ease
- fashion trendsTypes Of Mini Skirts To Try This Christmas
- bollywood wardrobeDeepika Padukone & Kangana Ranaut Show Us How To Wear Skirts The Right Way
- bollywood wardrobeBoy! Priyanka Chopra Is Slaying Hot For The Project Runway Shoot In A Leather Skirt
- fashion trends7 Easy & Quick Home Fashion Remedies To Look Taller Without Heels #PossibleNow
- bollywood wardrobePrachi Desai Surely Knows How To Wear Denim Right!
- bollywood wardrobe10 Of Sunny Leone's Sexiest Outfits From One Night Stand Promotions
- bollywood wardrobeYou Would Want To Wear Kangana's New Skirt All Summer Long
- bollywood wardrobeRadhika Apte Wearing Ritika Bharwani
- bollywood wardrobeShraddha Kapoor's Striped Skirt Is What You Should Wear This Weekend
- fashionHow To Maximise The Styling Of Your Pleated Skirts This Summer
- fashion8 Ways To Rock Botanical Print This Summer