Madhubala has always been considered as the epitome of Indian beauty. She has ruled the industry till the 60s with her beauty, grandeur and congeneality. The actress has adopted different roles and for on-and-off the screen, she has adopted various types of style books.
She was known as a style inspiration in Bollywood even before the 'fashionista' term was coined in. She ruled over hearts with her talent.
Remembering Madhubala on her 85th birth anniversary, we have enlisted some stunning and amazing looks carried by the diva herself.
The Charmer In White
Madhubala's ethereal beauty was so transparent that there would be no one, irrespectivbe of gender, who would not be crushing over her. In this look, she wore a white dress with a dropped sleeve. The dress had tiny pink flowers attached on the neckline. The wide-rounded ear-studs sat right in place.
In Dainty Separates
Who knew that the plain mid-length sleeved top tucked in a pair of palazzos will be a comeback-style in the 21st century? Madhubala was one of the celebrities who often wore such a pair and started spreading this style statement nation wide.
Even if you look at the colour combination of lime yellow and light-tan palazzos, matched with white sandals and a plum lipstick, everything seems just so perfect here.
One-shoulders, Not A Current Trend?
While the milennials are going crazy over one-shoulders, this style was first seen worn by the 60s' Bolly diva, Madhubala, and she carried it so gracefully!
The pink one-shoulder gown with the diamond and kundan jewellery looked extremely stunning.
Carrying The Most Popular 60s Trend
If you search back at the most popular style statement of women in the 1960s, you would definitely end up finding the shirt with a midi match. Even in period films based at that time, women characters have been seen wearing a little baggi shirt tucked inside a midi skirt.
The Mughal-E-Azam Stunner
She became the lady of every man's dreams, as she donned Anarkali's royal style books for this legendary film of Bollywood. This still is from Mohe Panghat Pe, a song from the movie where she wore a golden yellow ghagra with royal jewellery. Apart from this look too, the other looks were pretty exquisite.
The On-Screen Magic
While we mention about Mughal-E-Azam, there were other movies too where this astounding and beautiful actress of Bollwyood donned several looks. From satin saries to pop-coloured outfits, she has always been updated with style during her reign in the tinsel town. She never stopped creating magic with her beauty, talent and style in some of the best created Bollywood movies.
The 'Mohe Panghat Pe' Mock
Last year, in the ending months, India's ace magazine, Filmfare, published a special edition where actress Sonam Kapoor was also seen donning Madhubala's looks, paying a tribute to many other historical fashion personalities.
From Mughal-E-Azam's 'Mohe Panghat Pe' snippet, Sonam adopted this look of Madhubala's while paying a tribute to the lady who is also called the 'The Venus of Indian Cinema'. Sonam too looked really pretty while trying to adopt her style.
The Exact Replica
While in the other look, Sonam was wearing a pink outfit, she was in a complete matching outfit, wearing a yellow dupatta and almost matching jewellery to complete her mock of the 'Mohe Panghat Pe' look.
Sonam is the only present-day actress who tried to adopt looks of Madhubala and carried it with her complete grace.
Madhubala was, is and will always be a style sensation in Bollywood and will forever be remembered for her acting skills, beauty, grace and fashion statement.
- This Eid-Al-Adha, Ditch Embellishments And Take The Simple Fashion Route
- Jennifer Garner Wore The Same Dress Which Meghan Markle Had Also Worn Before
- Bhumi Pednekar Notches Up Her Humble Black Dress With This Rainbow-Hued Addition
- Sonakshi Sinha's Separates Will Inspire You To Wear Something Different For Traditional Parties
- Kajol's Desi-Meets-Modern Attire Is A Reflection Of The Diversity Of The Country
- Shraddha Kapoor Looks Cute And Classy In This Beautiful Number
- Kareena & Karisma Kapoor’s Airport Style Is About Making Basics Look Rocking
- Sonakshi Sinha In Her Latest Attire Proves That Her Fashion Is The Coolest At The Moment
- Dia Mirza Surprises In A Spectacular Gown Made From Industrial Waste
- Nick Jonas Opts For An All-black Look Again As He Leaves For USA With His Parents
- Nick Jonas & Priyanka Chopra’s Casual Look Should Be The New Style Code For Engagement Bash
- Alia Bhatt’s Flared And Ruffled Number Is Perfect For The Celebratory Occasion