- 26 min ago #InThisTogether: Josh App Partners With Fortis For Mental Health Awareness Campaign
- 1 hr ago Amitabh Bachchan Shares An Interesting Detail About His Blue Knotted Shirt On His Social Media
- 1 hr ago Waking Up Just An Hour Earlier Linked To Lower Risk Of Depression, Says Study
- 2 hrs ago Venus Transit In Cancer 2021: Effects On Different Zodiac Signs
- News A shot in the arm: How govt achieved highest-single day vaccination coverage?
- Movies Sonu Sood Reacts To A Twitter User's Request Whose Girlfriend Is Demanding For An I-Phone
- Sports There can't be any discrimination: Rijiju on additional COVID-19 restrictions on India's Olympic-bound
- Technology Vi Launches Rs.75 Prepaid Plan For Low-Income Group; Offering Calling And Data Benefits
- Finance Trading In Cryptocurrencies To Get Costlier In India: Here's Why
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In August
- Automobiles 2021 Mini Hatchback, Convertible & John Cooper Works JCW Launched In India At Rs 38 Lakh
- Education Delhi 9th And 11th Result 2021: How To Download Marksheet At edudel.nic.in
Bengali recipes are famous for their versatility. Bengalis not only excel at preparing some mouthwatering dishes with fish but also with veggies. Shukto is one such culinary wonder created by the Bongs. It is basically a mixed vegetable curry which is prepared with a unique blend of spices.
Shukto requires a mix of vegetables like potatoes, bitter gourd, unripe banana etc. which makes this recipe a nutritious one too. The vegetables are tempered and cooked with a blend of some fragrant Indian spices. The best part of this Bengali recipe is that it is quick and easy to prepare. It is also a wonderful dish to soothe your digestive system.
So, check out this unique vegetarian recipe of shukto and do give it a try.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Bitter gourd- 2 (medium sized, diced)
- Potatoes- 2 (medium sized, diced)
- Eggplant- 1 (diced)
- Unripe banana- 1 (peeled and diced)
- Green peas- ½ cup (boiled)
- Tomato- 1 (chopped)
- Ginger- 1 inch piece (grated)
- Panch phoran (five spices mix)- 1tbsp
- Green chillies- 2 (slit)
- Poppy seeds- 2tbsp
- Turmeric powder- 1tsp
- Sugar- ½ tsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Water- 1 cup
- Oil- 2tbsp
For Panch Phoran (Mix all the ingredients together)
- Mustard seeds- 1tsp
- Cumin seeds- 1tsp
- Fenugreek seeds- 1tsp
- Fennel seeds- 1tsp
- Onion seeds- 1tsp
- Grind the poppy seeds, green chillies, ginger and panch phoran in a mixer with about two tablespoon of water into a thick paste. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil a pan and fry the bitter gourd, potatoes and egg plant one by one.
- Add unripe banana, peas and fry for 5-6 minutes on medium flame.
- Add the poppy seeds paste and mix well. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, turmeric powder, salt, sugar and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add water, cover and cook for about 10 minutes on low flame.
- Once done, transfer the shukto into a plate and serve.
Shukto is ready to be served. Enjoy this delicious vegetarian side dish with steamed rice.