- Technology Sony IMX 686 Vs Samsung ISOCELL Bright GW1: Battle Of 64MP Smartphone Cameras
- Movies Sargun Mehta Wishes Hubby Ravi Dubey On Their 6th Wedding Anniversary With A Sweet Message
- News Amid violence Jharkhand Assembly polls 2nd phase ended with 63.36% voters turnout
- Sports Manchester City 1-2 Manchester United: Rashford and Martial land big win for Solskjaer
- Automobiles KTM 790 Adventure Showcased At India Bike Week Ahead Of 2020 Launch
- Finance Now 5,500 Railway Stations Have Free WiFi
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
Matar puri is quite popular in north India. The recipe for this green peas puri is a favourite among all age groups because it is loaded with spices and gives a good aroma after it is cooked.
The matar ki puri recipe will blow your mind away, and it will surely be a treat to your family. Recipe for matar puri is all about mixing the right ingredients, and this fried stuffed puri is healthy as well.
You can serve this fried stuffed puris with aloo masala or you can have them with no side dish. It is a meal in itself. After work, nobody wants to spend hours in the kitchen. Recipe for matar puri does not take too much time. But you must ensure that all the spices are blended well with peas and puri.
Read on to know how to make this delectable peas puri.
Preparation time- 15 minutes
Cooking time- 10 minutes
All You Need
Maida- 2 cups
Baking powder- ½ tbsp
Salt- to taste
Green peas- 1½ cups
Green chillies- 3-4 nos (chopped)
Red chilli powder- ¼ tbsp
Ghee- 3 tbsp
Lemon juice- 3-4 tbsp
Salt- to taste
Wheat flour- to sprinkle
1. Mix the wheat flour, baking powder, salt and little water in a bowl. Knead the dough well.
2. Now, mix the green peas and green chillies in a mixer. Let the ingredients blend well.
3. Then, take a tawa and heat it. Add ghee into the heated tawa.
4. Put the mixed green peas and green chillies, red chilli powder, lemon juice and salt into the pan. Saute it well in high flame. Make sure that you stir the mixture.
5. Now, sprinkle the wheat flour into the tawa and saute it well. Keep it aside.
6. In the meanwhile, roll the dough into small ones and make it into circles. Then, stuff the mixture into each puri. Roast it in ghee.
Your matar puri is all set to be eaten!
- Maida is not a great food as it creates digestive problems. But no harm in having it once in a while, considering it's quite tasty.
- Green peas is an environment friendly food. It contains nutrients that are good for the immune system and bowel movements.
- If you want to add a little masala to your matar puri treat, add ½ tbsp of garam masala into it.
- If you mix the dough in warm water, it becomes softer.
- Also, you can add ghee to make it softer.