- News Law and order has broken down, Modi is 'mute', says Cong as crimes against women continues
- Technology Netflix Plans To Invest Rs. 3,000 Crore On Content In India
- Sports Eubank wins by second-round TKO after Korobov hurts shoulder
- Movies Zee Rishtey Awards 2019 Winners List: Sriti Jha, Shabbir, Dheeraj, Shraddha & Others Bag Awards
- Automobiles KTM 790 Adventure Showcased At India Bike Week Ahead Of 2020 Launch
- Finance Now 5,500 Railway Stations Have Free WiFi
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
Jackfruit is the most delicious fruit that you have to try! This juicy fruit never allows us stop with just one bite! Since it is a seasonal fruit, it is available during the summer season until the month of July in some parts of India.
Jackfruit is among one of the fruits that has a number of health benefits associated with it. It is a rich source of proteins, vitamins, minerals and other important nutrients that our body requires.
Also Read: South Indian Tamarind Rasam Recipe
There are several ways to consume this amazing fruit. It tastes excellent when dipped in honey and consumed. You can also prepare some payasam, curry or many other yummy recipes using a jackfruit.
Meanwhile, remember one thing, the next time you eat jackfruit, don't throw its seeds. Yes, you read it right.
Even the jackfruit seeds, when dried, smashed and cooked, taste really good! And so, we thought of sharing a unique recipe today with you, in which you could use a jackfruit seed!
Have a look at this easy jackfruit rasam recipe that can tantalise your taste buds for sure. Note that a day before you prepare the rasam, make sure to dry the seeds in the sunlight.
Serves - 4
Cooking time - 20 minutes
Preparation time - 20 minutes
- Jackfruit Seeds - 10 to 15
- Grated Coconut - 1 cup
- Cumin Seeds - 1/2 cup
- Red Chillies - 4 to 5
- Coriander Seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
- Tamarind - Size of a lemon
- Jaggery - 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric - 1/2 teaspoon
- Mustard Seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
- Onions - 1 Cup
- Tomatoes - 1 Cup
- Coriander Strands - 1/2 cup
- As mentioned, dry the jackfruit seeds a day before in hot sunlight (by doing this, it is easier to peel the skin of the seeds).
- Smash the seeds into different shapes.
- Now, take a pressure cooker and add the dried jackfruit seeds to it.
- Add water and turmeric to it.
- Now, let the seeds cook until 4 to 5 whistles. The seeds turn soft by doing this.
- After the cooker cools down, remove the lid.
- Make sure the seeds are soft. Keep them aside.
- Then, take a pan, once it has heated up, add the cumin seeds, coriander seeds and red chillies.
- Fry them well.
- Transfer the fried ingredients, tamarind, jaggery and coconut to the mixy jar.
- To the mixy jar, add 4 to 5 boiled jackfruit seeds.
- Add little water and grind it into a fine paste.
- Now, take large bowl. Add oil and then add some mustard seeds, onions and then tomatoes.
- Saute them well.
- Then, add the ground mixture to the pan. Add salt.
- Later, add water to the pan.
- Stir the rasam.
- Add the coriander strands for garnishing.
Serve the hot and spicy jackfruit rasam with rice and ghee.
Try this different, yet tasty, recipe and let us know your feedback.