- 6 hrs ago Nushrat Bharucha Exudes Eco-Friendly And Boss Lady Vibes In Her Green Pantsuit And We Loved It!
- 6 hrs ago Try This Easy-To-Make Raj Kachori Recipe
- 6 hrs ago Gauahar Khan And Zaid Darbar Flaunt Ethnic Outfits As Gauahar Announces Her Wedding Date
- 8 hrs ago Peppermint Tea: Health Benefits And How To Make
- News No outside person allowed to interfere in India's internal issues, says farmer leader
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 December 2 Highlights: Jasmin Is Devastated As Aly Exits House; Kavita Walks Out Leaving Everyone Shocked
- Education Career Point Star Scholarship 2020: Check Registration And Exam Pattern
- Sports India vs Australia: Switch-hit is within laws, part of game's evolution: Maxwell
- Finance Nearly 40 Small And Midcap Stock Ideas To Create Wealth In The Long Term
- Technology Excitel Revises Broadband Plans; Offering High Speed At Rs. 50
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In December
- Automobiles Hyundai Kona Electric SUV Recalled In India: Possible Electrical Deficiency In High-Voltage BMS
Dal is an Indian lentil soup that is prepared with lentils and other grams and pulses. There are many types of dal that can be prepared as a side dish for the main course. You can either boil dal with few spices like turmeric and salt or make it delicious by adding a few vegetables. Dal tadka is most commonly made with grams and vegetables like onion and tomatoes. However, this dal recipe is prepared using potatoes, onions, tomatoes, carrots and capsicum. Spices like garlic, chillies and turmeric powder are used to make the Indian side dish tasty.
Take a look at the recipe to make dal with vegetables.
Dal with vegetables recipe:
Preparation time: 5-10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Moong dal (split green gram- 1 cup
- Tadka dal (Bengal gram)- 2tbsp
- Potatoes- 2 (peeled and cut into medium size pieces)
- Onions- 2 (finely chopped)
- Capsicum- 1 (finely chopped)
- Carrot- 1 (finely chopped)
- Tomato- 1 (finely chopped)
- Green chillies- 3-4 (minced)
- Ginger- ½ inch (chopped)
- Garlic- 5-6 pods (mashed)
- Turmeric powder- 1½ tsp
- Red chilli powder- 1tsp
- Garam masala- 1tsp
- Amchur (Dry mango powder)- ½ tsp
- Cumin seeds- ½ tsp
- Mustard seeds- a pinch
- Bay leaf- 1
- Salt- as per taste
- Ghee- 2tbsp
- Wash the moong and tadka dal together with potatoes. Soak in water for 20-25 minutes. Pour it into a pressure cooker. Add salt and turmeric powder. Now boil for a duration of 3-4 whistles.
- Meanwhile, heat ghee in a frying pan. When the ghee starts steaming, add bay leaf, mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- When the seeds start to splutter, add the onions, ginger and garlic. Mix well and saute for a few seconds on medium flame.
- Now add the carrots, capsicum and green chillies. Saute on a medium flame for 4-6 minutes till the carrots and capsicum becomes tender.
- Open the cooker lid once it cools down. Taste if the salt is less or not. If so, add salt as per taste in the frying pan.
- When the vegetables become tender and look cooked, add tomatoes, red chilli powder and garam masala. Mix well. Saute for 2-3 minutes and then pour the boiled dal in the pan.
- You can add little water if the boiled dal is too thick. Mix well and bring it to boil.
- Boil for around 4-6 minutes on high flame. Sprinkle amchur powder and then put the pan off flame.
Dal with vegetables recipe is ready. Serve it hot with rotis or boiled rice. This Indian side dish can be garnished with lemon slices and chopped coriander leaves.