- 23 min ago 10 Foods That Cause Heartburn During Pregnancy
- 42 min ago Get Effortless Soft Waves Overnight With This Amazing Hack
- 53 min ago Kareena Kapoor Khan’s Latest Airport Look Features A White Suit, Silver Jewellery, And KKK Bag
- 1 hr ago Navratri 2020 Day 6: Know About Goddess Katyayani, Puja Vidhi And Her Significance
- Movies Sunny Leone Wishes Daniel Weber On His Birthday; Thanks Him For Being The Best Dad And Husband
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Karnataka In November
- News Farooq Abdullah questioned by ED for 5 hours in JKCA money laundering case
- Technology Vi Offering Double Data Benefit Up To 336GB With Prepaid Plans
- Sports IPL 2020: "Tie both his feet together, before bowling to him", R Ashwin's hilarious caption image with Chris Gayle
- Automobiles Kia Sonet Bookings Cross 50,000 Units Milestone Mark: New Achievement By Hyundai Venue Rival
- Finance Gold Prices Top Rs. 51000 Per 10 Gm On Uptick In Demand
- Education SBI Clerk Mains Exam Date 2020 On October 31
There are many recipes that can be prepared with beans. However, today we shall teach you one of the most tastiest foods that you can prepare with the Hyacinth bean, also called avarekai in Kannada.
Hyacinth bean belongs to the bean family. It is widely available and is quite famous in the Southern parts of the country between the months of December and March.
Hyacinth bean is very healthy and several varieties of food can be prepared using this healthy bean. To name a few, avarekai upma, avarekai gravy with roti, sambar, rasam, etc, can be prepared.
And today, we shall share with you the recipe of Hyacinth bean dosa or avarekai dosa. This is a very simple recipe. As we mentioned earlier, hyacinth bean is very healthy, as it slowly maintains the cholesterol level and also improves the digestion process.
So, let's start preparing the Hyacinth bean or avarekai dosa recipe.
Serves - 4
Cooking time - 10 minutes
Preparation time - 20 minutes
- Hyacinth bean/Avarekai - 3 cups
- Dosa batter - 1/2 kg
- Green chillies - 4 to 5 (chopped)
- Onions - 1 cup (chopped)
- Grated carrot - 1/2 cup (chopped)
- Coriander strands - 1/2 cup (chopped)
- Take a pressure cooker and add the hyacinth bean. Then add water. Then close the lid of the cooker. Wait until 3 to 4 whistles before you switch it off.
- Meanwhile, take a pan and add oil. Once heated, add the chillies, onions and carrot. Saute it for two minutes.
- Then add this to the dosa batter and mix it well.
- Once the hyacinth bean is cooked well (rather the beans should be soft), add it to the dosa batter.
- Add salt and mix it well.
- Now, take a dosa pan or the tava, wait until it has heated. Then pour the hyacinth bean dosa batter neatly.
- Add oil on to the batter and place a plate or cover the pan for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Then remove the dosa from the tava and serve it hot.
The hyacinth bean dosa tastes just awesome with some coconut chutney and ghee.
Prepare this delicious recipe today and let us know how you liked this recipe.