Winter is knocking at the door. This is the season when you can enjoy foods without thinking of the physical ailments. This is also the season of fruits and vegetables. If oranges make your fruit basket brighter, cauliflower is there to make your dishes taste better.
While talking of winter veggies, it is impossible to avoid green peas. From peas pulao to peas pancake, you can make several dishes with this vegetable.
Today, we've shared this recipe of peas pancake that you could include as amazing snack options or have it at the start of the day for breakfast.
So, have a look at the ingredients which are required and the procedure that follows.
Serves - 30 pancakes
Preparation Time - 15 minutes
Cooking Time - 20 minutes
1. Green Peas - ¾th cup (boiled)
2. Rice Flour - ½ cup
3. Besan - ½ cup
4. Turmeric Powder - ¼th tsp
5. Fruit Salt - ½ tsp
6. Salt to taste
7. Oil - 2 tbsp (for greasing and cooking)
8. Tomatoes - ¼th cup (finely chopped)
9. Carrots - ½ cup (grated)
10. Green Chillies - 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
11. Cottage Cheese (Paneer) - 4 tbsp (grated)
12. Water as needed
1. Grind boiled green peas well to make a paste of it. Now, take a bowl and add the peas paste into it. Add rice flour, besan, turmeric powder, green chillies and salt.
2. Add water slowly and continue mixing. When you get a thick consistency, add fruit salt.
3. Mix well but not more. After adding the fruit salt, you should not stir the mixture much; otherwise the pancakes won't turn out to be fluffy. Now, heat a flat non-stick pan and grease it with oil. It will help you to turn the pancakes easily.
4. Now, take one ladle of the mixture and pour it onto the pan. Make small pancakes.
5. Then, sprinkle some grated cottage cheese, tomatoes and little oil on the pancakes. Now, turn the pancakes and cook it on the other side.
6. Your green peas pancakes are ready to be served. Serve them hot.
These pancakes taste even better with chutneys and sauce. This is a healthy snack option, as it contains vitamins, fibre and other essential minerals. So, try this recipe without fail.