- Movies Kareena Kapoor Khan Talks About Her Character In Laal Singh Chaddha: People Will Be Shocked
- Sports Hero I-League 2019-20: Quess East Bengal down Indian Arrows 3-1 to clinch much-needed win
- News IMD issues heat warning for 6 districts of Kerala
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A31 With 5000mAh Battery To Be Launched Soon
- Finance Planning for 5 Year Tax Saving Fixed Deposit? List of Things to Check
- Travel Maha Shivratri 2020: Ancient Shiva Temples In India
- Automobiles 2020 Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza Facelift — All You Need To Know
- Education CBSE Exam Centre Locator App: Why Class 10 & 12 Students Should Download?
Christmas is all about cakes, desserts, snacks and cookies. If you are tired of making plum cake every Christmas, then why not try whiskey Christmas cake recipe? This is also known as Irish whiskey Christmas cake recipe which is very soft, delicious and light with the flavour of whiskey! Take a look at the easy Christmas recipe.
Irish whiskey cake recipe, easy Christmas recipe:
2 cup all-purpose flour (sifted)
1 cup Irish whiskey
2 cups raisins
1 cup soft brown sugar
1/2 cup raisins
2 cups dried currants
2 tbsp candied cherries
2 tbsp candied mixed peel
2/3 cup almonds (chopped or diced)
1 1/2 tsp Mixed Spice
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1 lemon (grated zest and juice)
1 cup Irish butter
almonds and chocolate chips (for garnishing)
Directions to make Irish whiskey cake, Christmas recipe:
1. Combine all the fruit, peel, zest and juice, nuts with spices in a large bowl with 1/2 cup of whiskey. Cover and let stand at room temperature overnight.
2. In a large bowl, beat butter and brown sugar together with the help of a mixer until it becomes light and fluffy. Add eggs (one at a time) and sifted flour, while beating butter and sugar.
3. Add the remaining flour in the soaked fruit.
4. Heat oven to 275 Degree F. Grease the pan with butter/ cooking oil and cover with a waxed paper.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 2-2 1/2 hours, till the top becomes soft. Take out after the cake is baked. Let it cool.
6. With a prick, dig small holes in the cake and pour whiskey. Now slowly take out from the pan and cut into small pieces.
Irish whiskey cake recipe is ready. Garnish with almonds and chocolate chips and enjoy Christmas!