Christmas is the time to be merry and of course it is time for good food too. What can be a better option than preparing an exquisite Goan prawn recipe during the festive time? Prawn Ambot Tik is a delicious Goan prawn recipe which is sure to tingle your taste-buds.
Prawn Ambot Tik is a delightful as well as a simple recipe to try. The prawns are cooked in a mild spicy curry which has a tangy kick of tamarind. You can also prepare this recipe with the fish of your choice or chicken if you so prefer.
Check out this amazing Christmas special Goan prawn recipe of Prawn Ambot Tik and have a delightful treat.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Prawns- 1kg (de-veined)
- Dry red chillies- 6-7
- Pepper corns- 8-10
- Turmeric powder- 1tsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Cumin seeds- 1tsp
- Garlic- 8 cloves
- Ginger- 1 medium sized piece
- Tamarind paste- 2tbsp
- Onions- 2 (thinly sliced)
- Oil- 2tbsp
- Warm water- 1 ½ cups
- Wash and clean the prawns properly with water and keep it aside.
- Heat a pan and drop in the cumin seeds, peppercorns and dry red chillies.
- Dry roast all these ingredients for 3-4 minutes on a medium flame. Switch off the heat and allow the mixture to cool down completely.
- Heat one tablespoon of oil in a pan and fry the sliced onions for about 4-5 minutes on medium flame. As it turns golden brown in colour, switch off the flame and let it cool.
- Grind the dry roasted spices, ginger, garlic and the fried onions together in mixer. Add a little water to make a smooth paste.
- Heat one tablespoon of oil in a pan and pour in the prepared masala paste. Stir fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add in the turmeric powder, salt, tamarind paste and water. Mix well and bring it to a boil.
- As the gravy starts to boil, add the prawns. Mix well, cover and cook for 10-15 minutes on low flame.
- Once done, switch off the flame and serve.
Delicious Prawn Ambot Tik recipe is ready to be served. Enjoy this delightful Christmas recipe with steamed rice or Goan rice cakes.
- Here's How Prawns Are Good For Weight Loss
- Coconut Prawns Recipe: How To Prepare Coconut Crumbed Prawns Recipe
- Chingri Bhapa Recipe: How To Make Bengali-style Steamed Prawns
- Lasooni Jhinga Recipe: How To Make Garlic Prawns
- Wasabi Prawns Recipe: How To Cook Crispy Prawns With Wasabi Mayonnaise
- 15 Prawn Recipes To Try Out For Dinner