- 13 min ago Deepika Padukone, Kangana Ranaut And Other Divas Have Wedding-Perfect Neckpieces For Us
- 21 min ago 8 Myths About Live-In Relationships And Facts You Are Unsure About
- 7 hrs ago Daily Horoscope 07 December 2019
- 16 hrs ago Kareena Kapoor Khan's Diet Revealed By Her Nutritionist Rujuta Diwekar
- Technology Samsung Galaxy S11+ Battery And Display Features Tipped
- News Unnao incident: Akhilesh Yadav sits on dharna, Priyanka Gandhi blames UP govt
- Movies Taapsee Pannu Clarifies Her Comment On Harshvardhan Kapoor: I Told Him It Wasn't A Personal Dig
- Sports Virat Kohli gets brutally honest with his batting: 'Young batsmen, don't watch'
- Finance SEBI Directs LIC, BoB And SBI To Reduce Stake In UTI AMC
- Automobiles KTM 390 Adventure Unveiled At India Bike Week 2019: Here Are All The Details
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
- Education Pariksha Pe Charcha 2020: How To Participate In PPC 2020 Contest?
Christmas is the time to be merry and of course it is time for good food too. What can be a better option than preparing an exquisite Goan prawn recipe during the festive time? Prawn Ambot Tik is a delicious Goan prawn recipe which is sure to tingle your taste-buds.
Prawn Ambot Tik is a delightful as well as a simple recipe to try. The prawns are cooked in a mild spicy curry which has a tangy kick of tamarind. You can also prepare this recipe with the fish of your choice or chicken if you so prefer.
Check out this amazing Christmas special Goan prawn recipe of Prawn Ambot Tik and have a delightful treat.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Prawns- 1kg (de-veined)
- Dry red chillies- 6-7
- Pepper corns- 8-10
- Turmeric powder- 1tsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Cumin seeds- 1tsp
- Garlic- 8 cloves
- Ginger- 1 medium sized piece
- Tamarind paste- 2tbsp
- Onions- 2 (thinly sliced)
- Oil- 2tbsp
- Warm water- 1 ½ cups
- Wash and clean the prawns properly with water and keep it aside.
- Heat a pan and drop in the cumin seeds, peppercorns and dry red chillies.
- Dry roast all these ingredients for 3-4 minutes on a medium flame. Switch off the heat and allow the mixture to cool down completely.
- Heat one tablespoon of oil in a pan and fry the sliced onions for about 4-5 minutes on medium flame. As it turns golden brown in colour, switch off the flame and let it cool.
- Grind the dry roasted spices, ginger, garlic and the fried onions together in mixer. Add a little water to make a smooth paste.
- Heat one tablespoon of oil in a pan and pour in the prepared masala paste. Stir fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add in the turmeric powder, salt, tamarind paste and water. Mix well and bring it to a boil.
- As the gravy starts to boil, add the prawns. Mix well, cover and cook for 10-15 minutes on low flame.
- Once done, switch off the flame and serve.
Delicious Prawn Ambot Tik recipe is ready to be served. Enjoy this delightful Christmas recipe with steamed rice or Goan rice cakes.