- Technology Upcoming Samsung Premium Smartphones Expected To Launch In 2020
- News Democrats to make case against Trump at Senate impeachment trial
- Movies Troll Asks Shah Rukh Khan To Respond To His Failures, ‘Bas Aap Dua Mein Yaad Rakhna’ Is His Reply!
- Sports Thailand Masters: Saina, Srikanth crash out, India's challenge ends at BWF World Tour Super 300 event
- Finance Budget 2020: Govt May Tweak 5% Tax Slab To Include Upto Rs 7 Lakh Income
- Automobiles MG ZS Electric SUV Registers 2,800 Units In Bookings Within 27 Days Of Unveil
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu and Kashmir In 2020
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Ikat prints drowned in raw silk were seen in Abraham And Thakore's autumn winter collection at Wills India Fashion Week 2014. A collection based on the urban shikar, where the streets of a city are the terrain, a smartphone the defense. Abraham and Thakore present their complete collection in shades of beige, blak and white. Classy and elegant outfits were seen at Abraham and Thakore's autumn winter 14-15 collection at Day 3 of Wills India Fashion Week 2014.
Loved what they did with raw silk and leopard prints. Long jackets and cropped pants were blended with different fabrics which looked nice and creative. We even saw the khadi effect on the ramp. A trench coat from Tussar silk is thrown over a saree; a military inspired blouson jacket made from Eri (Ahimsa) silk makes an ironic comment and is teamed with a long kurta, a pair of baggy salwars takes on utility features.
The weavers of Varanasi have created refined modern brocades using tussar yarns for this collection. From Chautapal in Andhra Pradesh, traditional ikat weavers have woven innovative fabrics in both double and single ikats using these yarns. The highly skilled Jaamdani weavers of Fulia in Bengal have woven fabrics in tussar using the traditional three shuttle technique to create modern geometrics based on the classic temple motif of woven Indian textiles.
The collection evokes the many shades of khaki with its references to safari, uniforms and combat. Take a look...
WIFW 2014 Day 3: Abraham and Thakore
A lot of sarees in khadi and silk with traditional prints and embroidery looked nice.
Long ankle length skirts were worn with golden waist belt and wrap around cotton shirts.
Shaped by a palette based on the golden hues of wild silk, the collection evokes the many shades of khaki with its references to safari, uniforms and combat.
Golden belts and golden bags were extensively used in their collection.
Saree With Jacket
Sarees were also worn with winter khadi coloured jackets. Loved the pallu which has been draped like a scarf!
Dual Toned Saree
Dual toned saree in silk and cotton looked chic.
Wild silk provides the canvas for the Autumn Winter 2014 collection. Classic fabrics and textures of tussar, muga and eri silk were used in the collection.
Beautiful leopard print long cape jackets looked stylish and sexy.
Abraham and Thakore used the trending and bold print, leopard print. Loved the plain trench coat and golden clutch bag.