- 2 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 18 September 2019
- 12 hrs ago Vidya Balan's Shakuntala Devi Poster Look Is About Red Floral Sari And A Bob Hairdo
- 13 hrs ago Skincare Routine Step 4: Essence - What Is It And How To Use It
- 13 hrs ago World Patient Safety Day 2019: Significance And How Hospitals Ensure Patient Safety
- News FCI Stenographer skill test admit card 2019 released, direct link to download
- Technology Vivo Triple Rear Camera Smartphones To Buy In India
- Sports Napoli 2-0 Liverpool: Mertens and Llorente down Champions League holders
- Movies Street Dancer 3D: Nora Fatehi Says Varun Dhawan & Shraddha Kapoor Took Her Under Their Wings
- Automobiles Renault Kwid Facelift Interiors Spied Ahead Of India Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- Finance Gold And Silver Prices In India Relapse
- Education NIOS Admit Card Released For Class 10 And 12 Sep/Oct 2019 Board Exam
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
When it comes to skin care, we all have a tendency to pay more attention to the skin on our face. Most of the time, we neglect the skin of our hands. The skin of our hands is equally important as any other part of our body.
The issue that most of us pay the least attention to are the dark spots on the hands. Some common factors that cause dark spots are the UV rays of the sun, pollution, pimples, and the deficiency of vitamin B12. These spots might look stubborn but it is possible to treat them with simple home remedies.
In this article, we'll be discussing the best remedies to the dark spots on your hands effectively. Let us see what they are.
Sandalwood And Lemon
Sandalwood helps in brightening the skin and soothes the damaged skin. With its skin lightening properties, lemon also helps in lightening the dark spots.
- 1 tsp sandalwood powder
- 3-4 drops of glycerin
- ½ tsp lemon juice
How to do
In a clean bowl add sandalwood powder, glycerin and lemon juice. Mix all the ingredients well. Apply this to the affected area. Wait for 15-20 minutes and later you can wash it off in normal water. You can follow this once in a day for best results.
Gram Flour Scrub
Gram flour has exfoliating properties that will help in lightening the dark spots.
- 2 tsp gram flour
- A pinch of turmeric
- A few drops of rose water
How to do
Add gram flour and a pinch of turmeric in a bowl. Add a few drops of rose water and make a paste. Apply this mixture on your hands and let it stay for 15 minutes. You can wash it off with normal water after 15 minutes. You can apply some moisturiser towards the end in order to avoid dryness of the skin. You can do this every alternate day for best results.
Potato And Onion Paste
Potato and onion are natural bleaching agents that help in brightening the dark spots on the skin.
- ½ potato
- ½ onion
How to do
All you need to do is peel off the potato and onion and cut them into small pieces. Blend it in order to make a smooth paste. Apply this paste on your hands and leave it on for a few minutes before washing it off with normal water. Moisturise the skin after washing.
The antioxidants in castor oil help in rejuvenating the skin and clean the pores of the skin. It aids in lightening the dark spots on the skin.
- 2-3 drops of castor oil
How to do
Thoroughly wash your hands with soap and water and pat dry. Apply the castor oil on your hands and gently massage with your fingertips for a few minutes. You can either keep it for about 30 minutes and wash it off or leave it overnight. You can repeat this remedy every day before going to bed.