- 7 hrs ago 28 Best Foods To Lower Cholesterol
- 11 hrs ago Floral- Perfect! Pooja Hegde’s Pink Traditional Outfit Is Ideal For Upcoming Festive Occasions
- 13 hrs ago From Purple Hair To Blue Eye Shadow To Pink Lipstick, Lady Gaga’s Recent Look Is All About Colours
- 16 hrs ago Upma Recipe: How To Make It At Home
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 Weekend Ka Vaar January 17 Highlights: Salman Khan Reveals No One Will Be Eliminated This Week
- Sports Liverpool 0-0 Manchester United: Stalemate keeps Red Devils top of Premier League
- News Parliament panel summons Facebook and Twitter officials on Jan 21
- Technology Motorola Nio Design Tipped Via Leaked Hand-On Images; To Flaunt Dual-Slefie Camera Module
- Automobiles Kawasaki Bikes Offers & New-Year Discounts For January 2021: Benefits Of Rs 50,000 On Select Models
- Finance 3 Housing Finance Stocks That Can Generate Solid Returns
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In January
- Education Bihar Board 12th Admit Card 2021, Download BSEB Intermediate Admit Card 2021 at biharboardonline.com
The time and the money involved in getting a facial done at the salon can be huge. And nothing can beat a facial done with natural ingredients at home! In this article, we'll guide you on how to do a facial at home with pumpkin.
Pumpkin is not only a vegetable that has numerous health benefits, but also works effectively on the skin when applied topically. Along with antioxidants pumpkins also contain Vitamin A, C and E that benefits the skin in several ways.
Now let us see how we can do a pumpkin facial at home in just two steps. Read on!
Step 1: Scrub
¼ cup of pumpkin
2 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp coffee powder
1 tsp ginger
Pumpkin is rich in antioxidants and it is added to a mixture of sugar and coffee powder to remove dead skin cells. Ginger has anti-inflammatory properties that will help in treating dull skin.
Blend the pumpkin to make a paste. Add sugar and coffee powder into it. Grate a fresh piece of ginger and add it to the other ingredients. Finally blend all the ingredients well. Take some of this mixture in your fingertips and start applying on cleansed face and neck. Gently massage in a circular motion on your face and neck for few minutes. Finally, rinse it off with lukewarm water and pat dry.
2 tbsp pumpkin juice
2 tbsp walnut powder
1 tsp honey
1 tbsp yogurt
A mixture of pumpkin juice, walnut powder, honey and yogurt help in removing the dead skin cells. Honey helps in retaining the moisture of the skin and keeps it hydrated.
Mix together pumpkin juice, walnut powder, honey and yogurt. Apply this mixture on your face and gently scrub in a circular motion for few minutes. Leave it on for 15 minutes. Later rinse it off using cold water.
Step 2: Mask
For Dry Skin
½ cup pumpkin
½ cup plain yogurt
1 tbsp honey
The exfoliating properties of lactic acid and the hydrating properties of honey help in treating dry skin and provides moisturisation.
Blend the pumpkin and add plain yogurt into it. Add some organic honey and mix all the ingredients well. Apply it on your face evenly avoiding the eye area. Let it stay for about 15-20 minutes before you rinse it off with lukewarm water and pat dry.
For Skin Brightening
2 tbsp pumpkin juice
1 tsp honey
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
Pumpkin contains enzymes and alpha hydroxy acids, which aid in cell turnover, resulting in smooth skin while nutmeg and honey have brightening properties. The combination of these will help in lightening the skin.
How To Do
Take a clean bowl and add pumpkin juice and honey. Add nutmeg powder and apple cider vinegar into it and mix all the ingredients well. Apply this on cleansed face and neck and gently massage for a minute or so. Leave the mixture on for 20 minutes and then rinse it off with normal water.