Dead skin problem is something that people with all skin types experience. It is a crucial part of the skin's natural renewal process. This natural process helps your skin stay healthy and look its absolute best.
However, it is imperative to eliminate the dead skin cells from time to time. A build-up of these cells can lead to several unsightly problems.
The sloughed-off dead skin cells can clog up your skin pores, cause unsightly breakouts and rob your skin off of its natural shine. In other words, a build-up of these cells can prove to be extremely harmful to your skin's overall health.
Hence, there is a need to exfoliate your skin to make sure that the dead skin cells do not get accumulated in your pores. And though there are tons of facial scrubs available in the stores, a majority of them are laden with chemicals that can do more harm than good.
Instead of using chemical-infused scrubs, you can always make your own facial scrub at home. And today at Boldsky, we're letting you know about certain DIY gentle scrubs that can effectively remove the dead skin cells and leave your skin looking radiant and youthful.
Make any of the following scrubs a part of your weekly routine to make sure that there is no build-up of dead skin cells.
1. Orange Peel Powder + Almond Oil
- Combine ½ a teaspoon of orange peel powder with 1 teaspoon of almond oil.
- Mix and slather the combined material onto your face.
- Gently scrub off the material before using lukewarm water to wash off the residue.
- Follow up by spraying a toner on your face.
2. Gram Flour + Yogurt
- Create a blend of ½ a teaspoon of gram flour and 1 tablespoon of fresh yogurt.
- Smear it on your slightly wet facial skin.
- Gently scrub for a few minutes before rinsing your skin with lukewarm water.
- Follow up by applying a light moisturizer.
3. Oatmeal - Green Tea + Honey
- Merge 1 teaspoon of both, oatmeal and green tea with ½ a teaspoon of honey.
- Spread a thin layer of the resulting material on your face.
- After a few minutes, scrub off the material and rinse your skin with lukewarm water.
- Pat dry and spray a soothing skin toner for enhanced results.
4. Rice Flour + Milk
- Take a bowl, put 1 teaspoon of rice flour and 2 teaspoons of milk in it.
- Mix the ingredients and slather the resulting material all over your face.
- After it dries up, gently scrub off the material and follow up by rinsing your skin with tepid water.
- Once done, apply a light moisturizer for better results.
5. Coffee Grounds + Honey
- Just mix 1 teaspoon of coffee grounds with 2 teaspoons of honey.
- Once mixed, smear the resulting material all over your face.
- Let it stay there for a few minutes prior to scrubbing it off.
- Follow up by rinsing your skin with lukewarm water and applying a light moisturizer.
6. Olive Oil - Flax Seed Powder + Rose Water
- Simply mix 1 teaspoon of olive oil with ½ a teaspoon of each, flax seed powder and rose water.
- Spread an even layer of the prepared material on your face.
- Allow it to dry for a few minutes before gently scrubbing off the material.
- Wash off the residue with lukewarm water.
7. Granulated Sugar - Coconut Oil + Lemon Juice
- Put together a blend of 1 teaspoon of granulated sugar and ½ a teaspoon of each, coconut oil and lemon juice.
- Once done, spread the prepared material all over your face.
- Scrub gently for a few minutes prior to rinsing your face with lukewarm water.
- Pat your skin dry and apply a light moisturizer for enhanced results.
TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- The First Sound From Mars — A Truly Special Acoustic Experience
- Hockey World Cup 2018: India Vs Canada: Live Updates & Highlights
- 8 Apps That You Should Probably Delete From Your Smartphone
- Should You Buy The New Tata Harrier? — Check Out Its Pros And Cons
- Planning A High-Altitude Trekking? — Here's What You Should Know
- Banking Services On WhatsApp Are Catching Up
- A Woman Died Within Few Hours Of Giving Birth, But Saved 50 Lives!
- Katrina Opens Up About Attending Deepika-Ranveer's Reception