- 2 hrs ago Eat Right To Keep Your Teeth Strong And Healthy
- 4 hrs ago Masaba Masaba: The Engaging Trailer Gives A Peek Into The Success And Struggles Of Masaba Gupta
- 4 hrs ago Happy 74th Independence Day 2020: Ways To Celebrate This Day During This Pandemic
- 6 hrs ago 15 Foods That May Help Prevent The Common Cold
- Technology Realme C12 With 6,000mAh Battery Goes Official: Price And Specifications
- Movies Rajan Shahi's Yeh Rishtey Hain Pyaar Ke On Star Plus Completes 300 Episodes
- News Lav Agarwal, face of India's COVID briefings, tests positive
- Sports IPL 2020 title sponsorship: Tata Group, Dream11 submit 'expression of interest' as date of submission ends
- Finance SEBI Imposes Fine On SBI, LIC, BoB For Not Complying With Mutual Fund Norms
- Automobiles Kia Sonet Variants, Dimensions & Engine Specs Leaked Ahead Of Launch: Here Are All Details
- Education Independence Day Q And A: Test Your Knowledge On The Indian Independence Struggle
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In West Bengal In August
Beauty lovers always track the latest skincare tips and makeup styles to maintain their looks. They might even know everything about how to get over with a skincare problem naturally and medically.
But, there is one part in which they fail. They hardly look into what should not be done to trigger a skin issue.
If you are one among them, then it is your turn to know. Below mentioned are expert tips used by dermatologists themselves to maintain their flawless skin that beats their age. They can't go wrong as they know the working of the skin better than anyone else.
It is considered by most people as the overnight cure for a pimple. Dermatologists say that it might work but can cause over-drying and irritation in the long run if used frequently. The ingredients responsible for this are triclosan and baking soda. It is better to go for benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid for spot treatments.
The essential nutrients and moisture are lost from the skin on using a regular soap. Soap extracts lipids from the epidermis of the skin. This as a result decreases the skin elasticity giving the skin a rough and dry texture. Instead of a soap, gentle cleansers that are hypoallergenic and fragrance-free can be used.
There are tons of cosmetic products out there in the market which use mineral oil to give it thickness. The sad truth is that mineral oil clogs pores and ultimately leads to acne, blackheads and eruptions. This is because mineral oil has very low water content in it and neither evaporates nor lets moisture out. Liquid paraffin and liquid petroleum are some of the mineral oils.
Check out the content labels before buying a beauty product. If you spot any kind of alcohol, it is good that you choose another alternative that is water based. Alcohols are usually found in perfumes, toners and astringents. Alcohol dries out the skin and can cause acne and eczema, especially when the skin is sensitive.
Loofahs are used to scrub the skin during bath time. They are very hard and can be abrasive for your sensitive skin. It is definitely a one to avoid if you have acne-prone skin and irritation when using it. Using the loofah might make the skin red; moreover, they attract bacteria which can easily enter your skin.
Scrubbing the face with harsh scrubs will only cause hyperpigmentation that might not give a clean look. The skin gets irritated unnecessarily by doing this. Keep away from scrubs containing ground pits, microbeads and ground nut shells. Instead, you can go for a scrub with jojoba beads or even chemical exfoliants like glycolic acid and retinol which are soft on the skin.
Moisturisers With Collagen
Collagen is a protein that imparts strength and elasticity to the skin. It also replaces dead skin cells and hence is found in many a number of expensive face creams. People go for such creams usually. But, collagen is chemically a large molecule that cannot enter the pores of the skin. The very purpose of the cream is lost.
Never ever splash your face with hot water. You might find it soothing at times but be aware of the aftermath. It opens up pores and literally wears out the facial skin over time as it is more delicate than the skin on your body.
Incorporate these into your skincare regime and wonder at the changes that can happen to your skin. It might take some time for your skin to repair and get back to form. Have patience and be comfortable in your skin.