The problem of large pores is common across all skin types. This can lead to various other unsightly conditions such as acne, blackheads, premature signs of ageing, dullness, etc.
Fortunately, treating this skin problem is an achievable task and it can be done by using natural remedies. Though there are scores of remedies that can be used for tightening the skin pores, there is one in particular that is known to be highly effective. We're talking about tea tree oil.
This essential oil is an excellent remedy for treating the large pores problem. Apart from that, it can also get the gunk out from the pores and prevent problems like blackheads, acne, etc.
In today's post, we've rounded up the most effective ways to use tea tree oil for treating large pores. These methods have been tried and tested by countless women.
Tea tree oil's anti-bacterial properties coupled with its powerful antioxidants can work wonders on this skin condition.
Take a break from the expensive over-the-counter products and include this remedial ingredient in your beauty routine to get the skin you've always desired.
Here are the ways in which you can use tea tree oil for treating large pores:
1. Tea Tree Oil + Oatmeal For Dry Skin
- Prepare a concoction of 2-3 drops of tea tree oil and 1 teaspoon of each, oatmeal and rose water.
- Put the material all over the affected areas on your face and gently scrub it in circular motions for about 5-10 minutes.
- Cleanse away the residue with tepid water and repeat the same process twice a month for tightening the pores of dry skin type.
2. Tea Tree Oil + Aloe Vera Gel For Acne-prone Skin
- Combine 2 teaspoons of extracted gel from an aloe vera plant with 3 drops of tea tree oil.
- Spread the material all over the troubled areas on your face and let it settle for a good 10 minutes.
- Wash off the residue with lukewarm water and try using this method twice a month for getting a perfect-looking skin.
3. Tea Tree Oil + Banana For Combination Skin
- Thoroughly mash a ripe banana and mix it with 2-3 drops of tea tree oil.
- Cover the affected area with the resulting material and let it settle in your skin's surface for about 10 minutes.
- Use lukewarm water to wash off the residue from your skin. Treat your skin's large pores by using this homemade material on a biweekly basis.
4. Tea Tree Oil + Fuller’s Earth For Dull Skin
- Make a concoction of 2-3 drops of tea tree oil, ½ teaspoon of fuller's earth and 1 teaspoon of rose water.
- Gently scrub the material onto the troubled areas for a good 2-3 minutes.
- Wash off the residue with tepid water and repeat the same process twice a month to get rid of your large pores problem.
5. Tea Tree Oil + Sandalwood Powder For Oily Skin
- Mix 1 teaspoon of lemon juice with a pinch of sandalwood powder and add 2 drops of tea tree oil to it.
- Put the mixture on your facial skin and scrub in a gentle manner for about 3-4 minutes.
- Rinse off the material with tepid water. Twice a month, use this combination to help your skin pores become tighter and cleaner.
6. Tea Tree Oil + Yogurt For Sensitive Skin
- Just create a blend of 2 teaspoons of yogurt and 2-3 drops of tea tree oil.
- Smear the mix all over the affected area and scrub it for about 2-3 minutes.
- Use tepid water to wash off the residue and repeat this process thrice a month to treat the problem of open pores.
7. Tea Tree Oil + Cucumber Paste For Combination Skin
- Put a tablespoon of cucumber paste in a bowl and add 3 drops of tea tree oil to it.
- Spread the material all over the affected area and scrub in circular motions for about 2-3 minutes.
- Wash away the material with tepid water. This mix can be used to treat the large pores problem on combination skin type.