- 32 min ago What Is The Importance Of Premarital Health Checkups?
- 5 hrs ago From Alia Bhatt To Kareena Kapoor Khan, These Divas Will Give Your Major Shopping Inspiration
- 9 hrs ago Weekly Horoscope: 15 December To 21 December
- 11 hrs ago 10 Situations Under Which A Man Should Practice Sexual Abstinence
- News Biryani seller thrashed over caste discrimination in Delhi
- Movies Salman Khan Reveals ‘Dabangg 4’ Has Already Fallen Into Place
- Technology How To Access The New Windows 10 File Explorer
- Sports Doncic expected to miss Bucks clash with ankle sprain
- Automobiles Volvo XC40 T4 R-Design Petrol Launched In India At Rs 39.90 Lakh, Ex-Showroom
- Finance RBI To Offer Liquidity Support Scheme For 24X7 Functionality Of Neft
- Travel How Christmas Is Celebrated In Different Parts Of India
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
Everyone desires for a fair complexion and a glowing skin that is free of pigmentation and blemishes. But some are not gifted with it naturally.
Indian market has a huge demand for fairness products. People buy them religiously, thinking that these products will transform their skin overnight. But majority of the fairness products do not deliver what they promise to do.
Most of the creams are unnatural and laden with chemicals such as hydroquinone and mercury, which cause other skin problems. If only they would understand that the colour of our skin is determined by our genes and there is very little we can do about it.
Most of the times people overlook this fact and can go to any lengths to achieve fair skin. But to attain fair skin, it is important to control the secretion of melanin. This cannot simply be attained by external application of creams. Procedures such as laser treatments, chemical peels and even surgery are available, which promise fair skin.
However, there are a few secrets in Ayurveda to achieve fair skin. Given below are a few DIY face masks that you can do at home to lighten your complexion. Remember, natural remedies may not work immediately. So you need to be diligent in following them until you see satisfactory results.
1) Cucumber And Lime Juice Face Mask:
Lemon is the most potent ingredient when it comes to skin lightening. Combined with the cooling effect of cucumber, it makes for an excellent homemade mask for fair skin.
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Half a cup of cucumber
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
1) Blend the cucumber in a blender and extract its juice.
2) Mix it with the lemon juice and turmeric powder.
3) Add water only if needed. Apply this onto the face and leave it on for 15 minutes.
4) Wash off with cold water and use it every day for best results.
2) Gram Flour, Almond Oil And Milk Face Pack For Fair Skin:
Another ingredient which tops the list for its skin whitening benefits is gram flour. It acts as a natural scrub, which improves the skin complexion. Almond oil and milk also smoothen the skin and reduce melanin production.
- 3 tablespoons of gram flour
- 1 tablespoon of milk
-1/2 teaspoon of almond oil
1) Mix all the above-mentioned ingredients in a bowl and apply onto clean face.
2) Wash off after 15 minutes.
3) For best results, use this mask at least once a week.
3) Oatmeal And Tomato Juice:
Oatmeal is good to achieve fair skin. Tomato juice is a bleaching agent, which makes this face pack for fair skin all the more effective.
- 3 tablespoons of oatmeal powder
- 2 tablespoons of tomato juice
- 1 tablespoon of curds
1) Mix the oatmeal powder with the tomato juice.
2) Add the curd and mix.
3) Apply the pack onto the skin.
4) Keep it on for 15 minutes and wash off.
5) Use it for at least twice a week.
4) Chamomile Tea Pack
Chamomile is supposedly very effective for fair skin. Use this face pack for a host of other benefits including whitening.
- 1 chamomile tea bag
- 1 teaspoon of oatmeal powder
- ½ a teaspoon honey
- Some water
1) Heat some water in a pan and add the chamomile tea bag to it. Let it cool.
2) To this tea, add the oatmeal powder and honey.
3) Apply this mixture onto the face and keep it on for 15-20 minutes.
4) Wash off with cold water and repeat once every week.
5) Potato And Lemon Face Pack For Fair Skin:
Potato contains an enzyme called catecholase, which has bleaching effects and works to erase blemishes and darkness. Adding lemon to it increases its effectiveness.
- 1 medium-sized potato
- Few drops of lemon juice
1) Grate the potato and add the lemon juice to it.
2) Apply it onto the face and wait for 15 minutes.
3) Wash off and use this pack regularly to notice faster results.
6) Sandalwood And Rose Water Face Pack For Fair Skin:
Sandalwood and rose water both have cooling properties which are effective in decreasing melanin production, as our body produces melanin in heat.
- 2 teaspoons of sandalwood powder
- 1 tablespoon of rose water
1) Mix both the ingredients together and apply the pack onto the face.
2) Let it dry and wash off with cold water.
3) It is very effective when used regularly.
7) Apple And Egg Yolk Face Mask For Fair Skin:
Apple makes the skin soft and gives it a healthy glow. Egg yolk is excellent to improve skin complexion.
- 1 apple
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon of milk
1) Peel the apple and cut into cubes.
2) Add it to a blender along with the egg yolk.
3) You can add a few drops of any essential oil of your choice to combat the smell.
4) Apply the pack onto your face and wash off after 15 minutes.
8) Castor Oil And Honey Face Pack For Fair Skin:
This pack helps the skin to retain its natural elasticity, thereby reducing the appearance of wrinkles and also gives the skin a healthy and fair glow.
- 1 tablespoon of castor oil
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 teaspoon of oatmeal powder
1) Mix all the above-mentioned ingredients in a bowl.
2) Apply onto a clean face and leave it on for 15 minutes.
3) Wash off with cold water.
4) Repeat it regularly.