We have all heard of the cleansing-toning-moisturising ritual, haven't we? But that's too basic and won't really make magic happen. So, we'll be sharing the right order to use your skin care products, in this article, to make sure your skin looks great at all times!
Skin care ain't easy. And it seems to get harder as we grow older, but all you need is a little bit of patience and time to make sure that your skin behaves well at all times. Now, we know that this can be really difficult to do, given our busy lives and schedules.
Having a good skin care regime can really help though, as it makes sure that your skin does not age before it's time. And of course you want that, don't you? Yes, we all do!
Cleansing, then toning, then moisturising is just a short-cut step to having good skin, and while it does work, this ritual of the correct order of using skin care products will give you even more magical skin. Read on to find out how!
1. Cleansing: Of course cleansing comes first. Use a gentle face wash twice in a day, once at night before sleeping and then once in the morning, right after waking up. It is very important to use a gentle cleanser because if it's too harsh, it can strip your face of its natural oils.
2. Scrub: Use an exfoliating scrub right after washing your face, at least once every week, to get rid of the dead skin cells and give you a more polished, soft skin.
3. Pack: Right after you scrub your face, use a clay-based face pack. It is best to do this after scrubbing the face because the pores are open at this time and the pack can seep deep into the skin. Keep it on for 10-15 minutes, till it dries and then wash it off.
4. Toner: Toning is a really important step. It helps maintain the natural pH level of the skin and to get rid of all the traces of the face pack before moisturising the face.
5. Treatment: The correct order to use skin care products must include this essential step. Use a spot cream or treatment after this, for example tea tree oil. Apply it on the areas where you have blemishes. Let it get absorbed by the skin, then move to the next product.
6. Serum: Serums are the lightest in terms of skin care products. Use a serum to give your skin added benefits like radiance and glow. This lifts up your skin and makes it look more alive.
7. Eye Cream: Using an eye cream is really important. The skin on the under-eye area is really thin and sensitive and requires more moisture than the skin on the rest of the face.
8. Moisturiser: After this, use a moisturiser. It is best to go for the one that is water based as opposed to an oil-based product, as water-based ones really hydrate the skin.
9. Oil: Applying face oils was unheard of before, as it was said to only make the skin oilier. But, recent findings suggest that using oil on the face can actually balance out the amount of oil that the skin produces. Additionally, it makes the skin plumper and softer.
10. Sunscreen: Use a sunscreen no matter what, to keep your skin free from sun damage and sun spots. Even if you don't see the sun shining too bright, be sure to use a sunscreen. So, make sure you follow this right order to use skin care products without fail, to get that ever-glowing charm!