- 11 hrs ago 7 Awesome And Easy Ways Of Treating Problems Associated With Dry Skin In Winters
- 12 hrs ago Amazon Great Indian Sale 2021: From Smart TV to AC, Get Upto 50% Off On Cool Home Appliances
- 15 hrs ago Chhorii Promotions: Nushrratt Bharuccha Looks Stunning In Her Indigo-Blue And Ivory Outfits
- 16 hrs ago Covishield's Effectiveness In Fully Vaccinated Individuals 63% During 2nd Wave, Study
- Movies Akhanda Twitter Review: 10 Tweets You Should Read Before Watching The Nandamuri Balakrishna Starrer!
- Technology List Of Smartphones To Expected To Launch In December 2021
- News Manjinder Singh Sirsa quits as DSGMC president, joins BJP
- Sports Abu Dhabi T10: Hasaranga chokes Bangla Tigers with a fifer after Kohler-Cadmore's sparkling 96
- Education MPSC Subordinate Services Prelim Result 2020 Out, Check MPSC Subordinate Services Pre STI ASO Results Here
- Automobiles Tata Motors Has Registered Total Sales Of 62,192 Units In November 2021
- Finance Vodafone Idea Shares Continue To Gain Post Prepaid Plan Tariff Hike; Spikes 20% Intra-day
- Travel Budget Friendly Winter Places To Visit Around Shillong
Black gram is known as 'urad dal' in India. It is used in many dishes due to its health benefits. It is rich in proteins, vitamins, minerals, starch and fiber.
Apart from the nutritional value, there are some black gram benefits for skin and hair too. It can promote healthy skin and hair and that is why it is extensively used in many beauty routines.
When used in a face pack, your skin tends to glow. The texture of your skin becomes soft and supple after 'urad dal' is applied.
Black gram is also healthy for your hair. It promotes growth and when applied on the hair, it becomes healthy and shiny.
In fact, in rural India, many people use 'urad dal' as a scrub to exfoliate skin. Some people still use the powder of this 'dal' instead of a soap.
The dirt and dead cells on your skin can be effectively removed with the paste of this dal. Now, let us discuss about some black gram benefits.
It Can Treat Sun Burn
Black gram has skin-lightening properties along with healing properties. When it comes to healing sun burn, mix a couple of spoons of yoghurt to the paste of urad dal and use it on affected areas.
It Can Be Used As A Scrub
This is one of the black gram benefits for skin. Mix 2 spoons of ghee and 2 spoons of milk to half cup of black gram paste. Apply this mixture to your face and wash after 30 minutes. This remedy will remove the dead skin cells on your skin.
It Can Enhance Your Complexion
Black gram also contains skin-lightening properties and that is why it is considered as a natural bleach. To try this remedy out, soak 2 almonds along with black gram and grind them into paste. Apply this mixture on your face and wash it after 15 minutes.
It Can Cure Acne
Black gram can have a cleansing effect on your skin. It can also eliminate the bacteria on your skin as it is antiseptic. Regularly, applying face packs which contain black gram can help reduce acne.
It Can Minimise Spots
The anti-bacterial qualities of black gram can also minimise spots on your skin. Your skin tends to remain young when you use it regularly.
It Can Make Your Hair Soft
This is one of the black gram benefits for hair. If your hair is brittle, you can make it soft thanks to urad dal. The nutrients present in this 'dal' help nourish your hair and make it shiny. Mix a spoon of curd to the paste of black gram and apply it on your hair and scalp. Wash it after half an hour.