- Technology Upcoming Samsung Premium Smartphones Expected To Launch In 2020
- News Democrats to make case against Trump at Senate impeachment trial
- Movies Troll Asks Shah Rukh Khan To Respond To His Failures, ‘Bas Aap Dua Mein Yaad Rakhna’ Is His Reply!
- Sports Thailand Masters: Saina, Srikanth crash out, India's challenge ends at BWF World Tour Super 300 event
- Finance Budget 2020: Govt May Tweak 5% Tax Slab To Include Upto Rs 7 Lakh Income
- Automobiles MG ZS Electric SUV Registers 2,800 Units In Bookings Within 27 Days Of Unveil
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu and Kashmir In 2020
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
The sunscreen contents of fairness creams may prevent the tanning of the skin to a certain extent, as they can prevent the secretion of the skin coloring pigment, melanin. So they can make a difference in the shades of the skin, if used regularly. But the original color of the skin appears back, when discontinued.
Generally these products will not completely disclose their ingredients or the percentage of the contents. We are not bothered to read the labels or ingredients of these products. Even if so, we may not understand what they all meant too.
Most of the skin lightening products contain strong steroids like cortico steroids and clobetasol propionate, which is advisable to use by a dermatologist's prescription. The prescription-strength steroids help to give the costumers 'better' and 'faster' results but such products with steroids have the chances to suppress the body's natural steroids. Using the creams with steroids may end up with some other side effects like permanent stretch marks, pimples, darkening of the skin, skin-allergy and disfiguration, etc.
The 'strong-version' fairness creams also contain hydroquinone, a chemical which has the bleaching affect. It can severely harm the skin which may lead to white patches and sun sensitivity. Products with more than four percent hydroquinone, will only help to blemish the skin.
Fairness creams also boast about the Vitamin contents which can nourish the skin. But the derivatives of Vitamins like Koiic acid and Retinoic acid contained in them, make the skin intolerant towards the sun. They also provide rashes, if over used.
These products may also contain high level of mercury which may cause hazards even to the nervous system.
Such products never converts a person snow white, as the fairness of the skin is purely genetic. It is better to go for the natural face packs as they makes the skin healthy and young-looking. The home-made face packs including the ingredients like aloevera, turmeric, honey, milk, lemon juice etc always provide lighter skin tones, with out any side effects.