- 2 hrs ago Saree Looks Decoded From The Pages Of History Following The Saree Twitter Trend
- 4 hrs ago On 3 Years Of Mom, Veteran Actress Sridevi’s Sober Outfits From The Film Decoded
- 5 hrs ago 7 Ways To Stop Being Taken For Granted By Your Partner
- 5 hrs ago 10 Reasons Why You Should Eat Raw Mangoes; Side Effects And Healthy Recipes
- News Brazil's President Bolsonaro tests positive for COVID-19
- Sports Fans to distribute masks on Ganguly's birthday on Wednesday, do charity
- Movies If Nepotism Worked, Sunny Deol’s Son Would’ve Been Like Tom Cruise: Annu Kapoor
- Technology Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Series Expected To Go For Sale Starting August 21
- Automobiles Bajaj Platina 100 Disc Variant Launched: Priced At Rs 59,373
- Finance ICICI Bank To Offer Its Employees 8% Hike For Working Amid Covid 19
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
- Travel Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In North India In July 2020
Blush is nothing but adding an extra highlight of colours on the cheek of a woman, so that she stands out from the rest of them. However, a blush cannot just be a patch of colour. It should be applied and blended with the rest of the makeup of the face.
If the blush becomes prominent along with its geographical boundary, then you are carrying a makeup blunder.
The right application of a blush implies, highlighted cheeks which get blended with the rest of the face. Now, if you are tempted to try a blush or love applying a blush, then it is important to do it in the right way.
In this article, we shall be sharing simple tips, some dos and don'ts related to blush application on the face during makeup, which will make you look stunning and awesome, the next time.
Blush Application Based On Face Type
Well, a common question among makeup enthusiasts is, how to apply a blush? Unfortunately, there is one formula related to blush application. Blush application depends on the shape of your face.
- For square face, a linear motion a few inches away from your nose to the sides of your cheeks.
- For a round face, make a triangle on the apples of your cheeks.
- For oval face, round circular motion on the apples of your cheeks would work.
- For a heart-shaped face, along with outer corner of the cheekbone, apply some blush on the center of your forehead and you will see a change.
Where To Apply The Blush?
The application of a blush during makeup limits to the face and that too only on the cheeks. As mentioned earlier, depending on the shape of your face, you have to figure out how to apply the blush and where exactly to aim at. However, in case of a heart-shaped face, blush application can be extended upto the forehead.
What Brush To Use To Apply Blush?
The answer is simple, you have to use a blush brush. A blush brush must be round or dome shaped. It should have tapered ends, so that it deposits blush colours only on the regions of the face where you aim to. Though many suggest applying blush with fingers, to do that you need to be a pro with makeup.
What Is The Easiest Way Of Applying A Blush?
The easiest way to apply a blush is to take a hefty coat of the blush on your brush. Dab it on the apple of your cheeks and then blend using the brush. Though many do that, it is only good if you have a round-shaped face. Those with other face shapes than a circle must follow the above mentioned blush application rules based on the shape of the face.
What Are The Commonly Used Blush Colours?
The most commonly used blush colours on Indian skin tone are pink, beige and plum. These three colours and its use as blush colours has been confirmed by makeup experts. One of the top reasons for this is, these blush colours suit all skin complexions and go with all kinds of clothes and attires.
How To End The Step Of Blush Application?
The common way of ending makeup after blush is applying a coat of transluscent powder. This is wrong, as it changes the colour of your blush and makes the powder extra visible. Here, the hack is using a blotting paper to blot off the extra blush from your face. If you blot your blush, you won't need a transluscent powder anymore.
Which Is Your Ideal Blush Colour?
Well, the ideal blush colour depends on the skin complexion as well. The common blush colours according to skin complexions are pink or coral for pale skin, rose or apricot for average skin tone and red or plum for dark skin.
Which Blush Type Should You Use?
There are different kinds of blushes like powder blush, cream blush, gel blush, tint blush and shimmers. No one kind of blush can give you the ideal after-effect. A combination of powder, cream or gel blush with tint and shimmer blush can offer you the right cheek highlight.