All beauty products for the skin and hair can be made at home if you have the time and initiative backed by a desire to do so. Even hair toners can be made at home if you have the right ingredients. Making hair toners is not a one-day programme; but once you prepare it, the toner's effectiveness will also exist on your hair for long.
Take a look at the recipe of one of the homemade hair toners that we are sharing with you. This hair toner is called nettle hair toner and can be prepared right at home.
Suitable for all hair types, this homemade toner is the key to shiny hair. However, please ensure a constant use of the nettle hair toner in order to see its impact on your hair.
Nettle hair toner is high in iron content and for maximum benefits it should be massaged all over the hair scalp. The primary ingredient of this homemade hair toner is nettle leaf along with some other ingredients.
Recipe - Nettle Hair Toner
Ingredients & Procedure:
1 big bowl of fresh nettle leaves (do not use the dry nettle leaves)
500 ml of distilled water
10-15 drops of lavender essential oil (or essential oil of your choice)
A mason jar
1 deep-bottomed steel vessel
• First, wash the fresh nettle leaves in tap water. Wash, strain the water and re-wash it. This should be done a minimum of five times.
• Second, take the deep-bottomed steel vessel and put the nettle leaves in it. Then, put the distilled water and place this on the gas.
• You have to keep the gas on a low-medium flame and bring this to boil. Approximately 20-30 minutes time will be required.
• Let the nettle water cool down and then add the essential oil to it and stir. When mixed well, your nettle hair toner is ready for use.
• Ensure that the mason jar is dry. Pour the nettle hair toner in the jar and this can be preserved for 6 months by keeping it in the refrigerator.
• To use, take the toner in a bowl. Use a brush to apply it on your hair scalp and roots.
Massage this for five minutes and then head for a hair wash.