- 43 min ago What Is Gaming Disorder And How It Can Be Treated
- 58 min ago Disha Patani And Other Divas Make A Fashionable Splash With Their Latest Magazine Covers
- 1 hr ago This All-Natural Henna Hair Dye Is The Only Remedy You Need For Your Grey Hair
- 1 hr ago Ranveer Singh Rocks Two Extremely Different Outfits, Which One Did You Like More?
- News JNU protest: Police resort to lathicharge after clash with students
- Movies Saif Ali Khan On Mean Comments During His First Few Auditions: 'People Felt I Looked Like A Girl'
- Technology Vivo V17: The Good, Bad, And The X Factor
- Finance Sensex, Nifty End With Marginal Gains; End 2-Day Losing Run
- Travel Darjeeling - The Queen Of Hills
- Sports 'He can do it all', 'one for the ages' - LeBron and Lakers laud dominant Davis
- Automobiles Yamaha R15 V3.0 BS-VI Launched In India At Rs 1.45 Lakh With Lower Power & Torque Figures
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
Hair straightening is one of the quickest and trendiest ways women are opting for a quick makeover. Primarily, there are two kinds of hair straightening techniques followed - one, permanent hair straightening, which is possible only at a salon and is more like a treatment and two, temporary hair straightening that can be done both at the salon and home.
Whether you would want to opt for permanent or temporary hair straightening is your call - but, here are a list of shortcomings in the process of hair straightening that you need to be aware of.
No matter what the process is or with what expertise it is done, there are a few disadvantages of hair straightening, which we have listed below. So, take a read, before you opt for it.
No 'Permanent' Hair Straightening
Well, there is actually "NO" permanent solution for hair straightening. Even if you do the one in the salon, you have to be a regular visitor to the salon to maintain it. In fact, permanent hair straightening service available in salons is time consuming and it is not possible in one seating. Once done, in a month's interval, one has to visit the salon to redo the treatment and maintain the straightened hair.
Hair Straightening Is Expensive
There are different types in hair straightening like keratin treatment, hair rebonding and so on. Whichever you opt for, as mentioned earlier, it is not a permanent remedy in reality, as you have to get back to the salon to retouch it. Yet, these hair straightening services cost a bomb, as the salons use expensive equipment and ingredients during the process. So, before heading to the salon for straightening your hair, ensure you are all set for a big hole in your pocket.
Might Damage Your Hair
Hair straightening can actually damage your hair. During the process of hair straightening, hot metal plates are run through the hair, which takes off its natural moisture, making it dry and easily breakable. Next, the chemicals used in the process of hair straightening in salons include alkali creams, sodium products that are really not ideal for any kind of a hair.
Lack Of Nourishment For The Hair
During hair straightening, as heat runs over your hair, it does not let the natural nourishment of the hair to stay. To ensure that the hair continues to get its natural nourishment even during the process of hair straightening, you can apply some olive oil with your fingers. Instruct the same to your hair stylist and they can do the same in order to protect your hair. As olive oil is very light, it does not damage the texture of the hair and yet plays its own role on your hair.
Might Lead To More Of Dermatologist Visits
Even well-known hair stylists have records of burning the hair scalp while doing the hair straightening process. As the metal pad is really hot, you need to ensure that the hair straightening is happening slow and careful. Extra attention should be paid if you are using a hair straightener all by yourself. If your scalp gets burnt, it's a major accident that dermats alone can treat.