Washing your hair is something that you may consider to be the safest thing ever for your hair, isn't it? Well, you'd be surprised to know about what happens to your hair if you wash it too much.
Here, we will be sharing all the ways in which your hair can actually be harmed if you wash your hair too much.
A lot of people end up washing their hair a lot, sometimes even on a regular basis. The reasons for this are many. Sometimes, it may be because of the weather that the hair starts looking too oily and that it leads us to want to wash the hair.
Sometimes, it could even be due to the need to feel fresher. Whatever the reason, never, ever wash your hair too much, especially if you plan on doing it every day. This seemingly harmless action of yours could actually be causing more damage than good.
What's worse is that you don't even realise how it damages your hair. So, have a look at what all happens to your hair when you wash it too often.
1. Hair Fall: Yes, excessive hair washing could actually make your hair fall because wet hair is more sensitive at the roots, which makes it more prone to falling.
2. Dry Hair: Too much washing can strip your hair of its natural oils, which would in turn lead to dry hair. Your hair needs its natural oils to remain healthy and shiny.
3. Split Ends: The oils being stripped from your scalp and your hair can lead to split ends. So, don't by any means wash your hair every day.
4. Dandruff: Yes, washing your hair too much can actually cause more dandruff by aggravating your scalp. Now, no one wants more dandruff, do they?
5. Itchy Scalp: Excessive hair washing can also lead to an itchy scalp. It messes up the normal pH level of the scalp, which in turn causes it to turn itchy.
6. Breakage: All of the excessive washing can lead to tugging or even weakening of the hair strands. This eventually makes the hair strands break at the middle. In order to avoid this, don't wash your hair every day.
7. Frizzy Hair: Your hair does need moisture. Too much of it and too little of it would both lead to your hair looking frizzy. And frizzy hair is really unsightly. Remember to only wash your hair twice in a week to avoid this condition.