- 5 hrs ago Akshaya Patra Starts COVID-19 Relief Feeding Centre In Bengaluru, Home Minister of Karnataka Launches the Prog
- 9 hrs ago Eid ul-Fitr: Sania Mirza Flaunts A Dark Green Suit, Gives Us A Twinning Moment With Her Son; Pictures Inside!
- 10 hrs ago Dare To Copy: Kartik Aaryan Flaunts Stylish Long Hair As He Sends Out Eid Wishes To Fans On Instagram
- 14 hrs ago Happy Birthday Madhuri Dixit: 5 Beautiful Ensembles Of The Diva To Keep You Ethnically-Inspired For Weddings
- News Baricitinib: Goa adds new medicines to Covid treatment protocol
- Finance This Third QSR Entity Files For Rs. 1400 Crore IPO
- Sports French GP: Quartararo grabs Le Mans pole after qualifying barnstormer
- Movies Khatron Ke Khiladi 11 To Have Only 12 Episodes?
- Education IIIT-Delhi Announces Season 5 Of The Summer Camp For Government School Students
- Automobiles Hero MotoCorp To Resume Operations From May 17 In A Staggered Manner In The Country
- Technology Oppo Find X3 Pro Mars Exploration Edition With 65W Charging Launched: Coming To India?
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In May
Scar tissue is a fibrous connective tissue that usually develops from a cut, injury, surgery or from skin conditions like acne. A scar is formed as a result of the healing process carried out by our body. The scar can be internal or external. External scar tissues are usually referred as on-skin scar tissues. It appears as a raised mark, and will be numb.
Due to the limited flow of blood, a scar tissue can become hard with sweat. Hair follicles may be destroyed along with skin tissue due to any injury or disease and hair will not be able to grow on this scar anymore. The most common causes for scalp scar are acne, psoriasis and head injuries. If the scars are small and is surrounded by healthy tissue, it may not be visible to others because of hair growth from the surrounding hair follicles.
A scar can form on any part of your body from head to toe based on the site of injury or disease. But when it occurs on the scalp it will affect not only your health, but also your beauty. But don't get depressed. You have alternate methods for hair care and to make your scar less noticeable. Try these tips. It really works.
Try Hair implants: If you have a large area of scar,one option to have hair over scar tissue is to get hair implants. Doing this will not remove the scar but will make the scar less visible due to the implanted hair.
Treat acne on the scalp: Acne is one important cause of scars. Treat it with acne wash containing salicylic acid. Apply it on the scalp two to three times daily.
Use a steroid ointment to minimize itching: In most cases, itching is responsible for making the condition of a scar worse than it originally is. Consult a doctor and with their rescription, steroid ointments can be used to reduce itching. Keeping your scalp clean is also important.
Massage your scalp: This will help to remove the dead skin accumulated on the scar and will also make the scar less visible. This will promote blood flow and thereby reduces scar tissue build-up.
Surgical Options: If the scar tissue does not cover a large area, stitching together the surrounding healthy tissue that has follicles for hair growth may help. But it will depend on the severity of the scar. Consulting a surgeon is important for this.
Hair extensions: Hair extensions are receiving wide acceptance world wide. As there are no hair follicles to stimulate on a scar, medication may not help you more than scar management. In such cases, you can hide the bald patch by using a hairpiece.
Plastic Surgery: Plastic surgery offers ideal treatment solutions to extensively large scars. This will not remove the scar, but will definitely help to make it less noticeable.
Take Vitamin E: Taking vitamin E supplement or foods rich in this will help you to increase the rate of wound healing leaving a very light scar. Vitamin E helps produce collagen which is needed for healthy skin.
Chemical peel: Depending on the type of scar, a chemical peel can be suggested by your dermatologist. It reduces the size of scars by removing the top layers of skin.
Laser treatment: Laser treatment is the most widely used technique to treat scar tissue. This removes the outer layer of skin and replaces it with fresh layer of skin.This will diminish the appearance of scar tissue to great extent.