Got stretch marks on your skin that makes you feel conscious of your appearance? If so, then do read on.
Prominent narrow streaks on your skin caused by rapid weight changes are referred to as stretch marks. These streaks usually have an off-colour hue and may appear as scars.
A majority of women these days have stretch marks on their skin. Because of the fact that this condition is so common, there are scores of creams, available in beauty stores that claim to fade away stretch marks.
However, most of them have little or no effect on these marks. If you're sick and tired of splurging money on ineffective stretch mark creams, then it is about time to try out a natural remedy that has been around since centuries and is known to work wonders on this skin condition.
The remedy we're referring to is olive oil. This traditional oil is a powerhouse of skin-benefiting nutrients and antioxidants that can stimulate your skin's blood circulation, improve its elasticity and thereby reduce the prominence of stretch marks.
Here, we've listed the most effective ways of using olive oil for getting rid of stubborn stretch marks. Indulge in these at-home treatments to get the kind of skin you yearn for.
Take a look at them here:
1. Direct Application
- Microwave 2 tablespoons of olive oil for about 30-40 seconds.
- Massage it all over the affected area and leave it on overnight.
- Use olive oil in this particular way on a daily basis for getting rid of stubborn stretch marks.
2. Olive Oil With Brown Sugar And Lemon Juice
- Prepare a concoction of 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 2 teaspoons of brown sugar and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Slather the resulting material all over the troubled areas.
- Massage for a good 5-10 minutes before leaving it on for another 30 minutes.
- Wipe away the residue with a wet washcloth soaked in lukewarm water.
- Reapply this mix on a daily basis to banish stretch marks for good.
3. Olive Oil With Vitamin E Oil And Orange Peel Powder
- Combine 2 tablespoons of olive oil with oil extracted from a vitamin E capsule and 1 teaspoon of orange peel powder.
- Spread the concoction all over the stretch marks on your body.
- Gently massage it for a good 10 minutes before leaving it on for 30 minutes.
- Use this mixture 3-4 times in a week to bid adieu to stubborn stretch marks.
4. Olive Oil With Cocoa Butter And Argan Oil
- Blend 2 tablespoons of olive oil with 1 teaspoon of argan oil and 1 tablespoon of cocoa butter.
- Cover the affected area with the resulting material and massage it for a little while, before leaving it on for about 30 minutes.
- Wash off the residue with lukewarm water.
- Indulge in this method at least 3-4 times in a week to get visible results.
5. Olive Oil With Apple Cider Vinegar
- Merge 2 tablespoons of olive oil with 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar.
- Spread the resulting concoction all over the troubled areas on your skin.
- Massage for a few minutes before leaving it on for a good 30 minutes.
- Rinse off the residue with cold water.
- Try this at-home treatment at least 2-3 times in a week to get immediate results.
6. Olive Oil With Almond Powder
- Prepare a concoction of 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 1 teaspoon of almond powder.
- Smear the material all over the troubled areas and let it settle in your skin's surface for a good 30 minutes before washing it off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this process on a daily basis to make the stretch marks reduce visibly.
7. Olive Oil With Coffee Powder
- Put 2 tablespoons of olive oil along with 1 teaspoon of coffee powder in a bowl and mix them together.
- Spread the resulting blend all over the affected area on your skin and massage.
- Allow it to dry for about 30-35 minutes before rinsing it off with tepid water.
- Use the same process once a day to reduce the prominence of stretch marks.
8. Olive Oil With Baking Soda
- Mix 2 tablespoons of olive oil with ½ a teaspoon of baking soda.
- Massage the concoction all over the affected area.
- After massaging for 10 minutes, allow the residue to work its wonders for the next 30 minutes before rinsing it off.
- Treat the stretch marks on your skin with this homemade mix to get great results.
9. Olive Oil With Turmeric Powder
- Just create a blend of 2 tablespoons of olive oil and ½ a teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- Slather the mix all over the affected area on your skin and gently massage for a good 10 minutes.
- Leave it on for another 30 minutes before rinsing it off with lukewarm water.
- Help your skin get rid of stretch marks by using this concoction at least 3-4 times in a week.
10. Olive Oil With Aloe Vera
- Make a blend of 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 2 teaspoons of aloe vera gel.
- Smear the mix on the troubled area and massage for about 5 minutes.
- Post that, allow the mix to settle in your skin for at least 30 minutes prior to cleansing it with tepid water.
- Repeat the process on a daily basis for achieving the desired results.