Each of us wants to smell good at every occasion. From day to night, is there any time of the day, when you would not want to smell good?
When it comes to smelling good, we first rely on the mass-marketed well-packaged perfumes and deodorants. However, at a point of time, all these perfumes smell similar and there remains no uniqueness in your fragrance collection.
How about adding a new aroma or deodorant to your fragrance bouquet by preparing it yourself, right at home?
Yes, natural deodorants can be prepared at home and the method is quite simple. Even the ingredients required are not too many.
Here are two natural deodorants that you can try making at home. We will get back to you with more recipes.
DIY Natural Deodorant Recipe I
- 3 tablespoons of coconut oil (melted)
- 3 tablespoons of baking soda
- 2 tablespoons of shea butter
- 2 tablespoons of arrowroot/organic cornstarch
- 20 drops of essential oils
1. In the glass bowl, add the shea butter and melt it in a double boiler method.
2. To the melted shea butter, add coconut oil and mix the two.
3. Make a separate mix of baking soda and arrowroot. Be careful about the ratio.
4. Mix the powder and melted butter oil mix. Stir till it becomes a smooth dough.
5. Add the essential oils. You can pick the flavour of essential oil based on your choice.
6. Mix the essential oil nicely and reserve this in the jar for later use.
DIY Natural Deodorant Recipe II
- 1/2 cup plain vodka
- 15-20 sage leaves
- 15-20 thyme leaves
- 15-20 lavender buds
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice
- 5 drops of essential oils (sage, lavender, tea tree and patchouli)
- 1 spray bottle
- 1/2 teaspoon collodia silver
1. Making this DIY homemade natural deo takes up to 1 month.
2. Start with the vodka, pour it in the mason jar with saga, thyme, and lavender buds. Squeeze a fresh lime or put two tablespoons of lime juice. Cover the jar.. Keep it in a well-ventilated area and shake it every day for up to a month.
3. After a month, when it is half ready for use, do add the collodia silver and essential oils in right proportion.
4. Mix well and put in the spray bottle.
5. Every time you use this, do not miss to shake the bottle before applying it.
- How To Make Low-calorie Paneer Tikka Recipe
- DIY Homemade Natural Conditioners For Strong And Healthy Hair
- Homemade Foot Scrub Recipes To Pamper Your Feet
- Easy Homemade Underarm Whitening Scrubs That Actually Work
- Easy-to-make Homemade Scrubs For Chapped Lips
- 10 Homemade Remedies To Remove Skin Tags
- Tips To Make Your Makeup Look More Natural