- 10 hrs ago Pretty In Pink! Alaya F’s Shimmery Eye Lids And Matte Lips Make For The Perfect Makeup Look For Date Night!
- 11 hrs ago Ram Navami 2021: The Story Of Lord Rama, Shabri And Her Half-Eaten Berries
- 12 hrs ago Major Teaser Launch: Sobhita Dhulipala Stuns With Her Vintage Floral Saree Look
- 12 hrs ago Ramadan 2021: Here Are The Sehri And Iftar Timings That You Need To Know
- Technology Amazon Smartphone Upgrade Days 2021: Discount Offers On Premium Mobiles
- Sports IPL 2021: Glenn Maxwell likens Royal Challengers Bangalore role to one at Australia
- Movies Dulquer Salmaan Turns Playback Singer For Hey Sinamika; Pictures Take Social Media By Storm!
- News Pakistan working on single-dose COVID-19 vaccine with China’s help: Official
- Automobiles Mahindra Trademarks XUV100, XUV400, XUV700 & XUV900 Names For Future SUVs
- Finance How to find IFSC Code?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In April
- Education Karnataka: No Online Exams For Higher Classes, Says Dy CM Ashwath Narayan
Toenail fungus is a very common fungal infection that starts from the cuticles. According to medical science, it is known as onychomycosis. It starts with symptoms like yellowing or thickening of the nail or a bad smell from the nail. If the infection is left untreated, this fungal disease will lead to inflammation, pain and even swelling of the toe.
The cause of toenail fungus may vary from person to person. Usually, continuous exposure to moisture like wearing sweaty socks for a long time is the most common cause. It is also seen in people with less foot hygiene. Many people don't care about toenail fungus unless it become severe and may result in even losing the nail.
There are many effective medicines to cure toenail fungus, but some people have experienced bad side effects of the medicines. Toenail surgery is also done nowadays. But why do you want to go for severe treatments for your nail when you have wonderful herbal masks that could cure it with no side effects.
Here we are going to suggest 10 herbal masks for toenail fungus.
Tea Tree Oil:
With antiseptic and antifungal properties, tea tree oil is one of the best herbal remedies for toenail fungus. Mix a few drops of tea tree oil with olive oil or coconut oil and apply the mixture on the affected area.
Turmeric is an antifungal element. For toenail fungus, mix turmeric with water and apply on the skin, including the area around the nails. This paste can be applied three times a day for effective results.
Oregano Oil With Olive Oil:
Two drops of oregano oil with one teaspoon of olive oil is considered to be the best medicine for fungal diseases. Apply this mixture for around 30 minutes and repeat this regularly for a positive result.
Apply coconut oil on the affected area and soak it for around 15 minutes in the oil. This will help to reduce the swelling and thickening of the toe.
One of the most effective herbal remedies for toenail fungus is lemongrass oil. Mix the lemongrass oil with one ounce of coconut oil and apply on the affected area. Regular application of this mixture will cure the disease.
This herbal oil effectively reduces toenail fungus. For a positive result, apply Manuka oil on the affected area and cover it with cotton socks. It is suggested to keep it for around 30 minutes.
Lavender oil, mixed with tea tree oil, is very effective to treat fungus. Keep for 10 minutes and rinse it.
This Indian lilac oil is one of the best herbal remedies for toenail fungus. By applying lilac oil, toenail fungus can be cured and the infected nails can be nourished. Do this 2 to 3 times a day.
Wrap a cotton ball, soaked in castor oil, around your feet with toenail fungus. This will help to reduce the swelling, thickening and also the irritation caused by the fungal disease.
Apple Cider Vinegar:
Mix apple cider vinegar with coarsely ground rice flour. Apply the paste around the affected area and scrub the area with it.