- 2 hrs ago Eat These Foods Guilt Free! List Of Foods That Do Not Cause Weight Gain
- 2 hrs ago Navratri 2020 Day 4: Know About Mata Kushmanda, Puja Vidhi, Significance And Mantras
- 2 hrs ago Here’s Your Guide On How To Oil Train Your Hair
- 3 hrs ago Wondering Whether He Will Be A Good Husband? These 9Signs Will Help You
- Movies Neha Kakkar And Rohanpreet Singh Will First Have A Registered Marriage On October 22?
- Sports ICC Chairmanship: Only NZ's Gregor Barclay and Singapore's Imran Khwaja file nominations
- News India has one of the highest recovery rates of 88%: PM Modi at Grand Challenges Annual Meeting 2020
- Automobiles Hero Splendor+ Black & Accent Edition Launched With Personalization Options: Priced At Rs 64,670
- Technology Realme Narzo 20A Review: Affordable Price, Big Battery Saves The Day
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Rajasthan In November
- Education DU SOL Admission 2020 For Undergraduate Courses Begins, Check Details
- Finance FM Sitharaman Asks Govt Companies To Achieve 75% Capex Target By Dec
Pitra Dosha is an astrological term which refers to a situation where the ancestors are displeased with a person and a number of problems disrupt the normal flow of his life. It is believed that after death, people go to the Pitra Loka from where they keep supporting their families left there on the earth with their supernatural powers. Rituals are performed to please the Pitras. However, due to some mistakes made by you, they might get displeased.
When this happens, the children in the family might start suffering from health problems, expenses might start increasing and it invites poverty as well. Well, here are some reasons which might cause the ancestors to be displeased.
Killing of Snakes
It is said that snakes do not have legs and that they have to crawl, killing them is considered one of the biggest sins. Moreover, they are considered dear to Lord Vishnu. Killing them deliberately or by mistake, both lead to the Pitra Dosha. Killing snakes is considered one of the reasons for Kalsarpa Dosha as well.
Killing cows has been described as one of the biggest sins of Hinduism. It is said all the Hindu deities reside in the body of the cow. Hindus offer prayers to a cow. That is why killing a cow is believed to bring the Pitra Dosha to the family. Not just killing, even hitting a cow by mistake is considered a sin.
Disrespecting The Kul Devi Or Devta
Hindu scriptures mention that every clan has a deity. It is necessary to offer prayers to this deity during every puja. Ignoring or forgetting to offer prayers to them is considered equal to a sin. Doing so might invite the wrath of the ancestors and it might become a reason for Pitra Dosha.
Not Performing The Shradh Ceremony
Hinduism mentions that it is mandatory to perform the Shradh karma after the death of a person. If it has not been performed yet, Pitra Dosha might be caused. It is said that the souls do not achieve salvation if the Shradh has not been performed. Thus, the shradh should be performed after the death or during the Pitra Paksha.
Cutting A Peepal Or A Banyan Tree
Both a Peepal tree and Banyan tree are considered sacred in Hinduism. Just as the deities, these trees are also worshipped and offered prayers. Besides this, cutting trees which are covered with flowers is also not considered right. It is also believed to invite Pitra Dosha.
Creating Nuisance At Holy Places
Spreading any kind of impurity at holy places, leaving dirty utensils, washing dirty clothes or doing anything immoral especially near sacred water bodies is considered disrespectful. This becomes a reason for the wrath of the ancestors, hence causing Pitra Dosha.
Cheating On One's Spouse
Cheating on one's spouse is also considered one of the worst and the biggest sins as per Hinduism. Especially if a man extramarital affairs or establishes physical relations with a woman other than his wife, it leads to Pitra Dosha.
Abortion or killing innocent lives might also become a reason for Pitra Dosha. Even making physical relations or intimacy on days considered sacred, such as Purnima, Amavasya etc., is also not considered right.