Read Before You Wash Your Hair At A Salon

We all love to visit salons at every given opportunity. But do you realise that simple beauty regimens can cause trouble to the beautiful you?

Well, we here at Boldsky are about to share an incident which happened with a woman at the salon. Read on to find out more about how "Elizabeth Smith" had a stroke two weeks after her regular hair wash at the salon.

Many people feel refreshed after getting a haircut, but this was not the case with "Elizabeth Smith" as she had a stroke two weeks later. And this unexpected condition is known as "Beauty Parlour Stroke Syndrome".

Yes, you read that right! Find out how unfortunate this incident was and unknowingly how we are prone to these accidents that can cause irreparable damage to our bodies.

How Did It Happen?

The angle and the degree at which she was tilted in the chair and the way her head leaned back over the sink caused her to have stroke two weeks later.

Image Courtesy

Symptoms Of Her Condition

She vomited, her head became hot and she couldn't stand. Apart from this she had weakness in her arms and legs. Her folks around her thought that she was not going to live.

Image Courtesy

She Was Diagnosed

She could not believe what almost killed her. But when she showed her reports to different doctors, all pointed to her time in the shampoo chair. "Beauty Parlour Stroke Syndrome" is what they called it.

Image Courtesy

Reports Say...

The reports said that when her neck was bent backwards, it got hyperextended, which lead to her vertebra slicing an artery. Well, though the condition is rare, it is documented, so there is no denial.

Image Courtesy

Reports Say...

Since the vertebra dissected her artery, a clot began forming, and later it caused a stroke.

Image Courtesy

Her State...

She has permanently lost part of her vision and mobility and also claims that she has pain, time to time and spent a lot on her medical bills and medication.

Image Courtesy

A Little Info...

Studies reveal that apparently, older people have a higher risk of a stroke during or after a visit to the beauty salon. So watch out ladies!

Image Courtesy

Read more about: hair, tragedy, accident, world, life
Story first published: Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 15:03 [IST]
Please Wait while comments are loading...