Today, life without social network sites can be compared to life without water. Yes, to many people it is like that. Sites like Facebook, Twitter, etc., have brought a revolutionary change in our lives.
You can follow your favourite celebrity without any hesitation; protesting against a social dispute is no longer a job of only an elite class, you can share your thoughts easily on FB; sharing videos and photographs with your friends is now super easy.
What is the best thing FB has done for us? It has built a bridge between your old friends and you. Also, making new friends has become more interesting with FB. So, there are enough reasons why people are addicted to Facebook.
Whatever the reasons are, there are always some side effects of everything. Too much obsession regarding something can be an addiction.
FB is a medium to connect to people. However, there are many who forget that purpose and use it to share their daily chores. Who wants to know what you had at lunch?
Several studies have shown that too much sharing on FB or other networking sites can be the result of loneliness. Also, checking frequently about comments or likes can happen due to self-obsession. These are some serious reasons why people are addicted to Facebook.
But, sometimes it becomes funny in certain cases. If you go on to find funny reasons why people are addicted to FB, you will find several ones. These reasons can bring a smile on everyone's face and even laughter. May be you also do the same things. Have a look:
1. 'Likes’ Determines Popularity: When you think of funny reasons why people are addicted to FB, you can’t avoid this one. How many 'likes’ have you got for your post or photos?
If you get 5 and your friend gets 50, he/she is more popular than you. A very common phenomenon of the social networking sites.
2. Addiction To Games: If you really want to play something, go outside. But, no. People will stick to Farmville or Kitchen Scramble and irritate the rest by sending game requests. The dishes you make in Cooking Games, if you had made them in reality who knows you could be a top chef by now.
3. Oversharing: “I had my lunch with two rotis and some vegetables”; really? Wow! Does anyone ask you about that? Is it as important as making any international treaty or changing a social system? Don’t you feel that it is one of the funniest reasons why people are addicted to FB?
4. Sharing Frivolous Matters: Do you really want to know why people are addicted to Facebook? There are many people who share status updates like “feeling heartbroken”.
Now, comments start pouring in such as, “why?” “What happened?” and then they end up replying “nothing” or “tell you later”. If it is so, why did they share such things publicly?
5. Funny Photos: If you go on to search for funny reasons why people are addicted to FB, you will find this hilarious. Sharing photos frequently is a reason for addiction. But, why people tag their own photo as “Me”, is difficult to understand.
It’s your profile; people can see it’s you. Why is there so much of identity crisis in few people?
So, these are some of the funny reasons why people are addicted to FB. They may not realise that other people can be making fun of them. So, if you have any friends who are addicted to FB for these kind of reasons, make him/her aware about it.
Subscribe to Boldsky