The 8th Annual Gemfields & RioTinto Retail Jeweller India Awards 2012 was held on August 25, 2012 at The Intercontinental - The Lalit.
The Retail Jeweller Group presented the award for "Jewellery Style Icon of the Year" to Actress Dia Mirza. Her happiness knew no bound and with an overwhelming joy she said, "Jewellery is every woman's best friend. I personally love to wear jewellery since it adds to the grace and beauty of a woman. I thank the team of Gemfields & RioTinto Retail Jeweller India Awards for honoring me with such an esteemed award and I wish them all the very best for years to come."
Over the years, The 8th Annual Gemfields & RioTinto Retail Jeweller India Awards has established itself as the most coveted, prestigious and the most sought-after awards for the Indian retail Jewellery industry. It has given a platform to showcase the creative brilliance of India's leading and most renowned jewellery houses including Tanishq, Anmol Jewellers, Gehna, Amrapali, Farah Khan Ali, Mirari, CKC, Orra, Sangini, TBZ- The Original and many more.
"The 8th Annual Gemfields & RioTinto Retail Jeweller India Awards 2012 aims to create an opportunity for retailers to celebrate the creative and business success in various segments of jewellery retailing such as product design, marketing and retail concepts, irrespective of their business size and commercial success. " says Soma Bhatta, Director of the Retail Jeweller India Awards.
The Jury Panel this year included Neha Dhupia (Actress), Anita Dongre (Fashion Designer), Amrita Puri (Actress), Namrata Baruwa Shroff (Interior Architect), Ananya Banerjee (Artist), Vaishali Banerjee (Manager - Platinum Guild India) to name a few.
Retail Jeweller India Awards 2012 brings together the best of the best designs and innovations. This is truly a national platform where industry leaders raise the toast to celebrate excellence. The 8th Annual Gemfields & RioTinto Retail Jeweller India Awards 2012 were presented in 18 Categories as follows:
- Diamond Jewellery of the Year
- Diamond Vivaha Jewellery of the Year
- Gold Jewellery of the Year
- Gold Vivaha Jewellery of the Year
- Platinum Jewellery of the Year
- Color Gemstone Jewellery of the Year
- Innovative Jewellery of the Year
- A.S. Motiwala, Mumbai
- Anmol Jewellers, Mumbai
- Kundan Jewellers, Mumbai
- Sona Chandi Jewellers, Kanpur
- Popley Classic, Mumbai
- Khurana Jewellers, Amritsar
- Tie between - Mirari, Delhi and Popley Gold and
- Heritage Jewellery of the Year
- Couture Jewellery of the Year
- Jewellery Designer of the Year
- Print Campaign of the Year
- TV Campaign of the Year
Diamond Plaza, Mumbai
- Tie between - Amrapali Jewellers, Jaipur and
- Sawansukha Jewellers, Kolkata
- Gehna Jewellers, Kanpur
- Yash Agrawal, Bhirdichand Ghanshyamdas, Jaipur
- Tara Jewellers, Mumbai
- Tie between - Tanishq, Mumbai and Kalyan
- Jewellers, Mumbai
- Tie between - Abaran, Bengaluru and TBZ The
- Manubhai Jewellers, Mumbai
- Tanishq, Mumbai