No, we are not talking about the richest man or woman in the world. This is a slightly different competition. Have you ever wondered which is the richest family in the world? In the age of families breaking up and splitting up their fortunes, siblings fighting with each other for their inheritance, the wealthiest families are those who calculate their assets together. Business empires that are spread out over generations make it to this interesting list.
Here are the richest families in the world that stand together as of now.
Top 5 Richest Families In The World:
1. Walton: The Wal-Mart family is bound to be one of the wealthiest families in the world. The Wal-Mart actually is the richest company or enterprise in the world and what do they make their money out of? They make money by making nothing themselves! The founder of Wal-Mart was Sam Walton who along with his brother Bud founded it in the 1960s. The key to their success was a banking business empire that was totally under their control (as Sam married one of the richest bankers in USA). Now the 6 children (3 each of both brothers) are the proprietors of this fortune.
Net Worth: $93 billion
2. Koch: The Koch family is famous for greasy stuffs. The senior Koch, Fred set up the finest oil refineries in USA. They own a huge business empire that makes various petro-chemicals. The unfortunate part is that the second largest privately owned company in the world got divided due to legal battles between 4 brothers. The two who stayed on, Charles and David, are the gainers today.
Net Worth: $54 billion
3. Mars: They are sweetly one of the wealthiest families in the world. The largest confectionery manufacturers in the world stand third when it comes to their combined money. Mars is a family business that launched the 'Milky Way' bar of chocolate and many others. The family tree is huge and goes back 2 centuries but the benefactors are three siblings now, the grandchildren of Franklin Clarence Mars.
Net Worth: $32 billion
4. Cox: Now its time to know the richest family from the broadcasting business. No, its nor Rupert Murdoch (he is first generation rich), the Cox communications group is huge but the majority shared for this telecom, television, radio and print media industry is owned within the family. Jim Kennedy is the chairperson but the major stocks are with 3 relatives of the wealthiest family
Net Worth: $24 billion
5. Pritzker: A miscellaneous family of rich who have inherited diverse pieces of their fortune from various sources. They own the Hyatt group of hotels and other manufacturing industries but the empire was consolidated by A.N. Pritzker. 11 surviving relatives are reaping the benefits.
Net Worth: $17.6 billion
These were the richest families in the world that are still together financially.