Dogs as a species are supposed to be smart but not all dogs are as smart as the others. Some of them are border line silly animals who understand little other than love. However some dogs show traits of being far more intelligent than humans as well. The smartest dogs in the world are not necessarily the largest or the most expensive ones. Often the smartest dog breeds are either huge nor very obvious.
If you want the smartest dogs in the world as your pets then you can use this information to choose just the right pet for yourself. Here are the 5 smartest dog breeds in the world.
Top 5 Smartest Dogs In The World:
1. Border Collie: It is a great shepherd but really not as big as a German Shepherd or a Saint Bernard in size. But don't be put off by its unremarkable size, the Collie is in fact the smartest dog in the world. It medium sized and also medium furry but when it comes to work capacity it outdoes any other type of dog breed. They are highland dogs found in the bordering areas of England and Scotland. Choose it only if can spare the time to give it all the excess physical activity it deserves.
2. Poodle: You think they are cute and shy but surprisingly they are also superbly intelligent animals. They respond brilliantly to the master to whom they attach themselves. All that hair must be to protect the sharp brain beneath. Poodles look delicate but they are actually pretty active. Just like Collies they need their work outs.
3. German Shepherd: They are usual suspects when it comes to naming the smartest dog breeds in the world. In fact any layman would have expected the list to begins with this breed. German Shepherds are strong, aggressive and respond brilliantly to training. They are used as sniffer dogs by military and law enforcement people due to their uncanny sense of smell.
4. Golden Retriever: It not just your cuddly companion but actually a really intelligent type of dog breed. The most marked quality of a retriever is that it can fetch things which means they understand when communicated too. They are great swimmers and really friendly with kids. All that golden fur makes them gorgeous but definitely not an example of beauty without brains.
5. Doberman: This breed is genuinely man's best friend. Your Doberman will watch over you and your family like a guardian angel. With proper training this sturdy dog can do tricks and also pursue thieves with equal vigour. Moreover, they have really less hair so you need not fuss over their coat.
These 5 are voted by popular conscious as the smartest dogs in the world. If you get one make sure you do not let all that intelligence get wasted by sloth.