Indoor flower plants are pretty much different from any other variety of indoor plants. The most important point of difference is of course that you have to get them to bloom. It is one thing having a lush green plant in your apartment garden but quite another to make it flower. And to keep it in a blossoming state perennially is difficult even for master gardeners. However, if you have set your heart on having a colourful indoor garden instead of a monotonous green one then you have to take some special measures. You can achieve your goal if you have choose the right plants for indoor gardening.
Here are the best 4 indoor flower plants you can try to blossom in your house.
Top 4 Indoor Flowering Plants:
1. African Violets: They are the best indoor plants to keep in your flower garden because they have some important characteristics.
- Firstly, they are not very tall. When plants grow taller they grow out of shape and it also becomes difficult to make them flower.
- Violets need sufficient but not direct sunlight. You can place them just next to a shaded or curtained window and they will do just fine.
- Violets love moisture so pot them in well drained soil and water twice a day.
2. Orchids: They are very easy and also the most difficult indoor flower plants to grow.
- The above contradiction can be explained by stating a simple fact. Orchids are the the largest species of flowers in the botanical world.
- So how you grow the orchids will depend on which variety you choose. There are orchids that grow in low light and without soil. So choose one such variety for your apartment garden so that they flower easily.
- Most orchids don't like direct sunlight so it makes them great houseplants.
3. Hibiscus: The eternal tropical flower. If live in the warm regions of the Indian sub continent or the African continent then this is the flower for you.
- The most important criteria for growing hibiscus is heat. These plants like lots of sunlight so you have to sun them every once in awhile.
- It is also important to protect them from bugs because it is a sweet flower.
- They are the best indoor plant if pruned well and watered on time.
4. Begonia: It is usually seen as a creeper or a hanging outdoor plant but it can be that surprise element in your apartment garden too.
- Begonias are very hardy and require no pampering so they can be easily reared by busy professionals.
- It is a misnomer that begonias can be planted only on hanging plants. You can plant them as potted shrubs and plant sticks for support.
- They will give you lots of greenery without compromising on the number of blooms.
If you follow the above gardening tips then you can have a beautiful garden of indoor flower plants in your home.