A bachelor's apartment or a bachelor's pad as we call it these days is one of the toughest homes to decorate. This is because your mindset would be that it needs no decoration. But decorating your studio apartment might just be whole lot of fun. You don't really have to wait for your girlfriend or worse, wife to come can make all the creative decisions for your home.
When you are living alone you have all the creative freedom in the world, so utilize it along with these home decorating ideas to set up a bachelor apartment worthy of the memories of your bachelorhood.
Tips To Decorate Bachelor Apartment:
1. Minimal Furniture: When you are decorating a studio apartment then you are obviously pressed for space. So you have to think smart and still fit in the basic things you need. There is a whole range of fold-able furniture available in furniture stores these days. You can conserve a lot of space if you have a table that folds back on to the wall.
2. Yes, You Need Curtains: The most essential things missing from a bachelor's apartment are curtains. Please get this out of your head that curtains are girlie things; why, don't you have some things to keep private? You don't have to go for silky satiny drapes, just get plain ones in solid bold colours.
3. Seating Arrangements: You spend most of your time in the living room watching television so make the seating arrangement's really cozy. A super comfortable couch is your reason de arte to splurge. You can forfeit buying a decent bed and sleep on a mattress but you simply must have a couch for the football matches. Bean bags, huge cushion and low stools will add more variety to your living room.
4. Display Your Gadgets: Gadgets are boy's toys and you surely own some. While decorating a small house you have to give maximum mileage to your gadgets. Set up your home theatre in the most advantageous way so that the speakers cover your entire apartment. Your laptop needs a permanent table to sit on instead being an homeless orphan tossed from one place to another.
5. Reflect Your Interests: Your home should reflect your interests. Personalize it because it is the personal touch that is missing from most bachelor pads. You can put up funky collages made from pictures of your family and friends. If you want to put up posters then frame them and then put it up or else they look amateurish like a teenager's room.
6. Make Provision For Friends: While decorating your studio apartment make sure you make arrangements for your friends who are going to stay back nights. Extra pillows or cushions, bed sheets, blankets and mattresses will be needed. You can camouflage these extras during weekdays and take them out in the weekends.
Use these home decorating tips to do up your bachelor's apartment for living alone.