Mouth ulcers are small open sours inside the mouth. It can lead to lots of discomfort as it becomes difficult to eat and drink. Mouth ulcers burn and can be painful. However, mouth ulcers are temporary and goes off in a week. There are several medications and natural remedies to cure mouth ulcers. How does mouth ulcer occur? Here are the causes and prevention tips to control mouth ulcers.
Mouth ulcer causes:
- Spicy food
- heat in the stomach
- poor oral hygiene
- toothpaste allergy
- vitamin deficiency especially folic acid and B complex
- low immunity
- irregular menstrual cycles
How to prevent mouth ulcers?
- It is good to avoid excess spicy food which can built heat. It also slows digestion.
- Have plenty of water everyday to stay hydrated.
- Coconut water is healthy and provides a cooling effect.
- Maintain oral hygiene. Brush teeth regularly and avoid changing toothpaste.