To prevent bad breath and germs, many people bank on the highly advertised mouthwashes but how far are they safe?. May be they kill the harmful Streptococcus and Lactobacillus bacteria but they even damage our healthy gums and teeth.
The sugars, alcohol and poloxamer 407 in mouthwashes may
increase the risk of mouth and throat cancer. Poloxamer 407 make
the ingredients of the mouthwash stick to the teeth. The sugars can
cause decay and the flavors, solvents may add to dermatitis.
Why risk health unnecessarily?, try these natural and homemade mouthwashes.
Natural Mouthwash Recipes -
1. Best Mouthwash Recipe 1: Water, rock salt,
baking soda, hydrogen peroxide and mint juice (mint leaves juice
Procedure: Add all ingredients to a glass and rinse the best mouthwash thrice.
2. Recipe 2: Water, ground oregano leaves, rock salt
3. Recipe 3: Neem oil, warm water
Procedure: Rub a drop of neem oil all over the mouth and then rinse well with warm water. This prevent decay. You can also replace neem oil with clove or olive oil.
4. Recipe 4: Green tea, licorice, echinacea and tea tree can also be the best mouthwashes.
5. Recipe 5: Sesame seed oil is also used as a natural mouthwash with warm water.